2002 Dodge Durango AC/HEATER NOT WORKING AT ALL

DJSMX21
  • 2002 DODGE DURANGO
I have a 2002 dodge durango, and the front ac/heater will not turn on at all. Do you guys know what it is? I tried the blower motor or the resistor, and that is not it. Any suggestions?
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 7:36 PM

DOCFIXIT
Do you have a volmeter? If yes need to check for voltage at HVAC select switch. Have checked fuses #13 and K in left fender box?
+1
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 8:09 PM
Try testing the blower switch-if the AC/Heater fuse is okay
-1
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 8:09 PM
DJSMX21
The fuses are all ok just to make sure I bought new ones, where is the HVAC SELECT SWITCH AT? THE blower motor is good, I have no clue what it could be. Im soooo fustrated.
-2
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 2:22 AM
Check the blower motor switch:

The heater-A/C blower motor is controlled by a five position rotary-type blower motor switch mounted in the heater-A/C control panel The switch allows the selection of one of four blower motor speeds, but can only be turned OFF by selecting the OFF position with the heater-A/C mode control switch ****.

The blower motor switch directs the blower motor ground path through the blower control switch to the blower motor resistor, as required to achieve the selected blower motor speed.

The blower motor switch cannot be repaired and, if faulty or damaged, the entire heater-A/C control unit must be replaced. The blower motor switch **** is serviced separately.
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 4:52 AM
DJSMX21
I figured it out, it was the blower motor resistor, it was fried alond with the harness
+2
Wednesday, January 5th, 2011 AT 8:03 PM
I'm glad that you have located the problem and fixed it -We appreciate your donation and TY for using to 2carpros-Good Luck!
+1
Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 1:00 AM