Running lights are not working

ELDAVO
  • 2001 BUICK CENTURY
I have a 2001 Buick century custom. I have no rear 'running' lights however my turn signal and brake lights are fine. I located and tested the 'dimmer' fuse and do not have any power going to the fuse panel. Any thoughts or advice on how to fix and what I would need to do to fix it?

Thank you
Sunday, August 7th, 2011 AT 10:42 PM

SATURNTECH9
Have you checked your parking light fuse yet? Here is a guide to help you check the fuse and the fuse location and running light wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works below:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (below). Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem.

Cheers
+3
Monday, August 8th, 2011 AT 12:17 AM
ELDAVO
Yes, I checked and replaced fuses and it fixed two of the problems I was having the running lights now work, and the instrument panel illumination lights also now work. (They went out about a month ago, and I checked all the fuses then but It must not have been burned out completely since they went at separate times). Thank you very much Saturntech9, and hopefully me explaining this may help someone else as well! They are working now, thanks again!
Monday, August 8th, 2011 AT 4:16 AM
SATURNTECH9
You are welcome. That is what were here for. Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Monday, August 8th, 2011 AT 4:20 PM
JOHN MYERS
  • 2000 BUICK CENTURY
Six cylinder automatic.

All electrical components on the trunk lid do not work. Licence plate lights, backup lights and inside tail lights. Could you help me with this? Thank you.
Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 AT 12:41 PM (Merged)
The voltage wire for the back-up lamp is light green. Engine running in reverse, use a test light on that wire should be hot. Use a helper with their foot on the brake, while you test. If no voltage, there is a rear-compartment fuse- 7.5 amp in the under hood fuse box, not only check the fuse, use a test light, the fuse circuit should be hot all the time. That circuit is wired through the neutral switch.
+1
ALBERTCADDILLAC
  • 2001 BUICK CENTURY
Hi, the parks lights stays on all time.
Check to see if your relay is bad. It is under right hand side of dash. Then have it scanned as it may be the DRL module is bad causing them to stay lit.
Check rap relay as well it is behind glove box.
ROBERSON3644
My running lights in my 2003 Buick Century dont work, but every other light does and I cannot seem to find the fuse slot for it. I just replaced the wheel hub assembly and the ignition lock cylinder. I'm not really trying to spend anymore. Can anybody help me?
Thursday, August 1st, 2019 AT 9:02 AM
KEN

There is a parking lot relay that needs to be checked. here is a guide to show you how with the relay location and the running light wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
+1
Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 AT 11:37 AM
ROBERSON3644
Okay, I'll give it a shot. Thank you!
Sunday, August 4th, 2019 AT 6:13 PM
KEN
Please let us know what you find.
Monday, August 5th, 2019 AT 9:51 AM