2000 SATURN SC2 COOLANT LEAK

• ffutch
  • 2000 Saturn SC2

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

On the rear of the engine there is an coolant hose connected to what looks like a plastic pipe comming from the engine. The pipe is split how do you replace this

Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 AT 6:12 PM

• saturntech9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2000_Sc2_hose_1.jpg

Do you see the pipe in the diagram?If so describe where you see it.It's most likely one of the two that are right next to each other on the drivers side the big one and the little one.

Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 AT 7:09 PM
  • shadowboxer58

I have this problem and the pipes shown have both broken, the little one has completely broken off and I have epoxied another in place, then the large one split and I have JB weld on it, they both still leak and I can not go on a long road trip. What the heck are the plastic things called and where can I get new ones to just replace the whole thing

Saturday, December 10th, 2011 AT 10:00 PM
  • Bee77

The name I found out for that part is the intake manifold. I have the same problem on my saturn and used quick steel on both. Im about to completely cover the hose connection because I think the leak is shorting out my car.

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 8:35 PM
  • saturntech9

Yeah those nipples come right off the manifold they are part of the manifold.You have two things you can do replace the manifold or they sell a repair kit where you remove the manifold and cut that section out of the manifold and replace it with there fix.I have never used the repair kit so i cant speak for it works or doesnt work.They have a video that shows how its installed.I posted a link to the repair which has a video that auto starts.If you decide to try to the repair i would replace the intake gasket also.Please share how it went if you tackle the intake repair option.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2002-Saturn-SL2-SC2-SW2-Intake-manifold-Repair-Kit-/140659880531?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASaturn&vxp=mtr&hash=item20bffb7253

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 8:50 PM
  • shadowboxer50

I called the man, and watched the videos. I also recommended a new intake gasket and said that it was something he had for $24 and the repair kit is $70, plus a $10 shipping fee. He said I could also send a money order due to me not having a bank account. He said that using a new intake gasket would be best because if the valve cover was to leak oil, the intake would suck it right in, plus, a leaking intake would probably cause a miss. Funny, because the car smokes and uses oil too, I am going to order this kit, and because you guys have helped, I will be delighted to share the results.

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 3:04 PM
  • saturntech9

Thanks for posting the other users can see your results as well as I will pass the results on to other users.

Monday, January 2nd, 2012 AT 5:52 AM