TROUBLE GETTING CAR STARTED ONE DAY TO THE NEXT

2000 Honda Accord

daniellereneeneal

September, 21, 2012 AT 1:40 AM

So over the past month having trouble getting my 2000 Honda accord (lx 2dr )started. It would crank but wouldn't turn over, started off with jumping the car thinking it was the battery. That seemed to help. The car will start one day and not the next, it is used rather infrequently now maybe once or twice on the weekends. Wouldn't turn over again, so I put the key in ignition and turned key 3 times (priming ignition I guess, something an old mechanic mentioned) still wouldn't turn over, put foot on gas and gave some gas and then it finally started. Sat there for a few minutes to the the car run, put my foot on the gas again got rpm up to 2 and let off gas and car kind of sputtered, and felt like it was going to die. What do I need to do? Is this an easy fix or should I just sell?

September, 21, 2012 AT 2:15 AM

OK....I UNDERSTAND, OTHERS GET FRUSTRATED

TURNING OVER = CRANKING

RUN.....BUST OFF...FIRE UP...ETC. = .....IT RUNS!

YOURS CRANKS...SOMETIMES RUNS...SOMETIMES NOT

DO YOU "REALLY" KEEP UP WITH YOUR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE? THIS MAY SORTA EXPLAIN BETTER

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

JUST CATCHING UP...MAY MAKE THINGS ALL BETTER

....NEXT....IS YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON? IF SO, READ THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2008-mazda-6-recently-check-engine-light-came-on-acts-doesn-t-want-start-put-gas

RETURN WITH INFO---EVEN ENGINE SIZE AND TYPE

TAKE OUT YOUR BATTERY AND HAVE IT TESTED TOO

......BUY NOTHING...AT ALL...'TIL YOU RESPOND BACK WITH INFO OR YOUR "WANT/NEED LIST"

September, 21, 2012 AT 6:24 AM

Have the fuel pressure tested. Common for this vehicle to have a fuel pressure problem due to a leaking in-tank filter.

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang