OVERHEATIN

2000 Ford Taurus

whateverman

June, 25, 2013 AT 3:27 PM

Car overheats in the last year it has new water pump heater hose therostat radiator I have fans on a toggle switch they work no heat at idle and over heats turn fans on seams to do nothin or make it hotter and if I run the a/c it overheats but not if on the highway I am runnin straight water till I figure out the problem

whateverman

June, 25, 2013 AT 8:47 PM

Nobody? Anybody!

June, 25, 2013 AT 9:17 PM

THERE COULD BE OTHER POSSIBLE ISSUES....LIKE A STOPPED UP RADIATOR....DEFECTIVE THERMOSTAT...ETC.................THINGS CAN GO BAD IN ONE DAY, THERE'S LOTS OF ROOM IN A YEAR'S TIME

LETS LOOK AT THIS POSSIBILITY....SEE MY LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1992-ford-taurus-cooling-fan-doesn-t-kick-on-car-starting-over-heat-ve-checked

RECKON ONE OF THE PICs IN THE LINK MIGHT BE YOUR ISSUE?

RETURN TO THIS POST TELL US WHAT YOU FIND

whateverman

June, 25, 2013 AT 11:29 PM

Its a 3.0 single cam I just replace the fans and radiator water pump and thermostat about a year ago along with the heater hose I know the fans work it over heats when stuck in traffic or at a drive thru or when the a/c is used. Im down to the radiator cap or air in the system I was told tonite that if the cap dont seal right the coolant will not flow correctly. I believe the cap is a good place to start because I have no heat at a idle either. But thank you and please respond if that sound right or if you have any other ideas what it might be. Ty again!

whateverman

June, 25, 2013 AT 11:32 PM

When it overheats the coolant comes out the radiator cap

June, 26, 2013 AT 7:18 PM

ANY WATER IN THE OIL----OROIL IN THE WATER?

A NEW CAP AIN'T GONNA BREAK YOU. GO FOR IT!

whateverman

June, 26, 2013 AT 7:34 PM

No water in oil or oil in water and a $5 cap solved my problem. Many hours lots nof frustration and hundreds of dollars and a $5 cap solved my problem. Guess taurus is know for that. Cap leaks pressure and the water wont flow properly. Well I have ran the air since I changed the cap without overheating but I have not checked the heater as it was 92 degrees here today!

June, 27, 2013 AT 6:09 PM

GLAD YOU GOTTER FIXED!

SORRY I WASN'T MUCH HELP

COME BACK TO SEE US SOMETIME. LIKE WITH YOUR BROTHER-IN-LAWS BROKE DOWN RIG. LOL!

whateverman

June, 27, 2013 AT 9:44 PM

Spoke to soon unless the cheap $5 cap seal screwed up after 1 day. Everything worked good for 1 day now im back to overheating and runnin the fans seam to make it worse im so stumped all I can think is replace the waterpump again but I dont know if it was a old car it would be simple I mean there is no leak anywhere no oil water mixed anywherefans work when its cool I can blow air by mouth through the system so no plug except maybe heater core straight water maybe? Once it starts gettin hot there is no cooling it down I just want a stick of tnt and a new car lol

July, 5, 2013 AT 9:20 AM

REMOVE THE THERMOSTATAS A TEST---LEAVE IT OUT

SEE IF IT OVERHEATS

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer