ENGINE OVERHEATS ALL THE TIME

• egcia0@yahoo.com
  • 2000 Dodge Durango

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango and it overheats all the time. Changed everything I can think of radiator, hoses, water pump, power steering and then some. Please tell me what is wrong.

It also miss fires cylinder three and five all the time. Please help me solve this problem. We have changed it all and spark plugs about eight times already and have only had the car for about two years now.

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

• saturntech9

Have you changed the thermostat?Also how is the thermal fan clutch?Have you checked the cap rotor and wires?

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 12:56 AM
  • egcia0@yahoo.com

Yes changed the thermostat and the fan clutch and the cap and rotor all brand new.

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 1:48 AM
  • saturntech9

Have you checked your spark plug wires?Also have you checked your a/c condensor for debris sand dirt etc?Are both the upper and lower radiator hoses getting really hot?

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 1:53 AM
  • egcia0@yahoo.com

Yes just rechanged spark plugs last week and wires. It seems as though before it took a while before it would overheat now it does it in one trip

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 2:01 AM
  • saturntech9

Do the two cylinders constantly missfire?Does both the upper and lower radiator hoses get really hot?Have you ever used a stop leak in the cooling system?Have you checked to see if the a/c condensor is clogged with sand debris etc?Please answer all my questions its really tiring asking the same questions over because they wernt answered the first time thanks.

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 2:08 AM
  • egcia0@yahoo.com

Yes the two consistanly missfire. No the hoses never feel real hot. I have tried stop leak twice no effect checked the a/c condensor all clear

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 2:13 AM
  • saturntech9

Stop leak clogs flow thru the heater core radiator etc if both the radiator hoses arent getting really hot your not getting flow thru your radiator. Thats why it ls getting too hot. Also are both your heater hoses going into your firewall getting really hot?Are you sure you got the spark plug wires routed cirrectly when you replaced them?

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 2:24 AM
  • egcia0@yahoo.com

Yes I numbered them to make sure is it possible I have a blowen headgasket and if so how would I know for sure

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 2:52 AM
  • saturntech9

If you had a blown headgasket you would have steam out the tail pipe and would be loosing coolant. You should still have flow in the cooling system though. What about the heater hoses are they getting really hot?

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 3:05 AM
  • egcia0@yahoo.com

I do have wht looks like white smoke from tailpipe. And no the hoses feel warm

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 3:17 AM