2000 Chevrolet Venture Van wont start

HOLLY4763
  • 2000 CHEVROLET VENTURE
My van was overheating and stalling out. After 15 mins you could restart the van and it ran normal. Changed all 3 main fan fuses. While changing noticed the radiator leaking, changed the radiator. After changing the radiator, the van started running very sluggish. It wanted to stall with every stop. The van finally stalled this last time and refuses to start back up. I have changed the spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, and checked the fuel pump. We also checked all the wires running throughout the wire harness, looks ok. My van has spark, but WILL NOT start! It rolls over and sounds like it wants to start but wont.
Thursday, July 25th, 2013 AT 6:24 PM

Scan for codes, and check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent them fp lshould be 52-59 psi
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 6:10 AM
HOLLY4763
At first, it threw me a P 0449 Code and I then checked ALL my fuses and relays. The fuse inside the van for the Evap was bad. Now its throwing me a P 0452 Code, but I still have the fuel pump down from the van (all hooked up though) because I just changed that and I was worried about the wiring. Can anyone tell me which wires should be hot and where to test them? To my fuel pump, the only hot I have is the gray wire.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 7:59 AM
HOLLY4763
Thanks hmac300, I am renting a complete diagnostic kit from AutoZone (It includes a fuel pressure gauge). Hopefully this will lead me in the right direction. I will post back to let you know how it goes!
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 8:17 AM
The gray wire is the hot wire to pump. Those two codes you have deal with the evap and fuel tank pressure sensor. A pro really needs to diagnose the fuel tank sensor unless ther e is no voltage going to the sensor. Check the gray/blk wire to see if you have a 5 volt reference signal. If not it's ahort or connection problem but a pro should really check this as it could be the pressure sender.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 9:43 AM
HOLLY4763
What should the compression be? I have a compression tester. Do I have to plug this tester into each spark plug socket?
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 10:21 AM
Why are you worried about compression? Just scan and check fuel pressure not engine compression. If you are really worried about compression as long as it's above 90 psi per cylinder and within 20%of each other don't worry about it.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 12:01 PM
HOLLY4763
Van is started. Don't really know why but now its throwing a P 0452 code
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 12:33 PM
HOLLY4763
Sorry wrong code.A P o0306
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 12:35 PM
There is no code 306is it a 300? If it is have a pro check it as these are very hard to diagnose the problem
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 12:38 PM
HOLLY4763
And a P0102 code
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 12:39 PM
HOLLY4763
P 0306 Cylinder 6 misfire detected
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 12:41 PM
306 is amode 6 code.102 is a maf code, but should also be checked by a pro
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 12:41 PM
HOLLY4763
P 0102 states Mass or Volume Air Flow circuit low input
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 12:43 PM
HOLLY4763
My husband just had back surgery and has been off from work for over a year. I am doing all of this work while he is supervising me. We honestly CAN'T afford a mechanic at this time. And this vehicle is our only means to get back and forth. I also have a 13 yr old daughter with a lot of different medical issues. Any help anyone can give me, would be greatly appreciated! I definitely appreciate ALL the help hmac300 has given me! You have been a life savor so far!
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 1:11 PM
Well the trouble is that the codes that you need to clear are very very hard for even a mechanic to figure out and you need apro style scanner because it can do stuff that the one at auto parts cannot that is why I told you to go to a pro. It can read real time stuff whereas yours cannot and a lot of those codes need that in order to figure out the problem. Sorry
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 3:17 PM
HOLLY4763
You have been extremely helpful! Thanks so much. I will definitely get it looked at, as soon as I can!
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 3:35 PM