HERE IS SITUATIONWHEN KEY TURNED TO START ...

2000 Chevrolet Venture

Anonymous

April, 8, 2013 AT 12:54 AM

Here is situation:

When key turned to start position I hear clicking of starter trying to start an engine - lights are dimming. Battery is ok I tried battery from my wife's car with same engine did not start. Car was originally diagnosed with broken head gasket. Last 3 months was cold so car was in garage, not used. Level of oil is higher than max so it proof head gasket problem. Few days ago when temperature was around 60 I started, I drove out of my garage, and ran engine for while until temperature of engine rose to half of scale and I turned engine off. I did try start again and engine did not started. I replaced starter because I had issue with it before (intermittent did not start, if I did hit it was starting).
Question: Is possible some way to move engine?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 8, 2013 AT 1:42 AM

If you have a bad head gasket, that shouldn't stop the engine from turning unless one of the cylinders is full of coolant. Try removing the spark plugs to see if the starter can crank the engine then. If it does, check to see if coolant comes out of any of the cylinders.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement