Car wont turn over

RICKEF
  • 2000 CHEVROLET VENTURE
Hi, I have a 2000 chevy venture that wont turn over, shorted the red- ppl wires in crank relay & starter turns over, relay, did not solve problem. No obd errors- checked fuses all ok, did the 10 min drill 3 times, any suggestions, thanks
Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 3:22 PM

SATURNTECH9
Is thesecurity light on solid or flashing?Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?
+1
Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 3:26 PM
RICKEF
Security light on dash is flashing, when key is place in ingnition light goes out, yes I do have meter, side power door did not work I think at same time, was working on door lock before all this happened?
-1
Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 3:37 PM
RICKEF
When doors are locked light is solid, when using fob to unlock light flashes, key in ignition light goes out
-1
Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 3:55 PM
SATURNTECH9
So is the light on after unlocking it with the remote and the key in the run position?
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 1:36 AM
RICKEF
No, the car is locked and secure, the light is solid--when unlocked the light flashes---when key is in ignition light goes out
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 2:11 PM
SATURNTECH9
Did you have the battery tested?Also made sure the battery cables are clean and tight?Also take your multimeter and see if you have two ohms or less from ground to the negative battery cable at battery. See if you have battery voltage at the purple wire with the key in the start position.
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 3:56 PM
RICKEF
No voltage on purple wire when key in start position, when red wire and ppl wires shorted the starter turns over---guessing the battery is good
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 7:55 PM
SATURNTECH9
Alright at the ignition switch you should have battery voltage at the red wire at the ignition switch. Then with the key in the start position the yellow wire should have battery voltage. Then at the right side of the dash fuse panel the pcm/crank fuse should have power to both side of that fuse with the key in the start position. Let me know what you find there and we will go from there.
Sunday, April 1st, 2012 AT 9:08 PM
RICKEF
Yes there is voltage at both sides of fuse pcm/crank when in start position
Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 12:27 AM
SATURNTECH9
Alright at the neutral safety switch the pink wire to it should have power then when the key is in the start position the orange with a black stripe wire should have power.
Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 1:01 AM
RICKEF
Voltage on the pink at the neutral safety sw, none on qr/blk at the crank relay
Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 5:35 PM
SATURNTECH9
The orange with a black stripe wire I was asking about was at the neutral safety switch with the key in the start positon it should have power along with the pink wire at the neutral safety switch.
Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 6:01 PM
RICKEF
I did typo, pink has voltage at nss, does the or/blk wire go from nss to crank relay, if so it does not have voltage
Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 6:19 PM
SATURNTECH9
Yes the orange wire with a black stripe goes to the crqnk relay. In the park and neutral position the pink wire is connected to the orange with a black stripe thru the nss. Sounds like thats not happening. Try it in neutral just make sure the parking brake is set and works. Also chock the wheels to stop rolling.
Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 7:53 PM
RICKEF
Its been awhile but heres what I found, no voltage on or/blk wire with car in park or neutral, so I decided to replace the nss, it did not help (on old sw the 2 bottom outer pins had no resistance or a good switch, dont believe I needed to replace it)-- I later found the or/black wire open from outside the connector of nss to crank relay (looks like 3 ornge wires at nss connector, I believe I have the right one) jumped pink wire from nss to crank relay but nothing happens, do the connectors at nss have to be plugged in? Ideas?
Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 3:32 PM
SATURNTECH9
When you replaced the nss did you adjust the new one you put in?If you have power going into the nss you should have power pass thru it in the park or neutral position.
Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 4:04 PM
RICKEF
I believe I found the problem, the wires coming from the nss were
broken ten inches from nss---problem is 2 light green wires and 2 black wires with white tracers are in the package, how do I determine what gr to gr or blk to blk, thanks
Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 11:08 PM
SATURNTECH9
For the start circuit the pink wire is in terminal g at the nss connector and the orange wire with the black stripe goes to terminal E at the nss connector. Is there other wires broken at the nss connector?
Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 11:14 PM
SATURNTECH9
There is a wire diagram for the nss connector showing what colors go to which terminals.
Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 11:23 PM
RICKEF
The needed splice is away from the connector, on the 7 wire connector to nss there are 2 lt/green wires (c&F on plug), how do I make sure I make the right connection to each other, ---also there is a blk/wht on 7 wire connector (D) and a blk/wht on a 4 wire connector-- in both cases im just guesing what wires I would splice together.
+1
Saturday, April 7th, 2012 AT 2:06 PM