1999 Ford Taurus overheating

ANABELD
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS
I recently brought the car from TX to CO on a trailer when I drove it the first time out here it overheated I took it to a shop and they replaced the intake manifold gaskets which were soaked at both ends of the of the gasket when I left the shop I got less than 2 miles and it over heated again (my ex husband removed the AC pump a few months ago because the pump "froze up" ) the car ran fine in TX and didn't have a chronic heating issue I am having the water pump replaced to see if this helps I have already changed the temperature sending unit and the thermostat a compression test ruled out a bad head gasket not sure what else it might be but am curious if you have any suggestions I'm only too happy to listen my friend thinks my ex may have routed the serpentine belt wrong and he did replace the AC pump with an idler pulley with the same size pulley
Saturday, July 11th, 2015 AT 6:16 PM

THE BEST ADVICE I COULD GIVE IS TO GET A JEEP CJ!I

RECKON WELL TRY TO WORK WITH WHAT YOU GOT!

UNFORTUNATELY

I DID NOT HAVE THE 8th DIGIT OF YOUR VIN

SO I CANNOT PIN DOWN WHICH 3.0 LITER YOU HAVE

SO I'M GONNA WING THIS STUFF

SOME OF THESE ENGINE'S WATER PUMPS HAVE PLASTIC IMPELLERS (AT THE AUTO PARTS STORE SITE, THEY SHOW THE OHV ENGINE WITH A METAL ONE)

HERE'S A '99 TAURUS 3.0 DOHC IN PIC 1

PIC 2) SAME PUMP 'CEPT SORTA REASSEMBLED

MISSING PIECE IS IN THE ENGINE

THEY ALL DON'T JUST BUST APART LIKE THIS

SEE WHAT THIS ONE DID

PIC 3) IT'S ON A VW

ANOTHER POSSIBILITY IS OLDER RADIATOR HOSES SUCKING FLAT AS RPMs INCREASE

AND MY LAST SUGGESTION (PROBABLY WHAT I'D BET ON)

YOU HAVE A 15-16 YEAR OLD RIG, MR. RADIATOR MAY BE RESTRICTED INTERNALLY WITH MINERAL DEPOSITS.

ATTEMPTING TO FLUSH IT AT HOME IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE, IF IT CAN BE DONE, A SHOP IS GONNA HIT THE OLE POCKET BOOK HARD, YOU WILL STILL HAVE A 16 YEAR OLD RADIATOR IN THE END!

SO I CHECKED, AT LEAST AROUND FORT COLLINS (I USED THE ZIP) THERE ARE 10 OF THESE STORES, PROBABLY ALL OVER THE STATE TOO

THIS IS THE DOHC 3.0L I USED TO LOOK THIS UP, IT MAY BE THE SAME RADIATOR FOR ALL THREE 3.0L ENGINE VARIATIONS (LOOK IT UP YOURSELF ON THE SITE, I WILL LEAVE YOU A LITTLE SOMETHING TO DO!)

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-or-toughone-radiator-431321/19920507-P?searchTerm=radiators

$119 AIN'T BAD

I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO KNOCK OFF $40 OFF OF THAT. MOST LIKELY A BRAND NEW ONE AT THE PRICE OF FLUSHING THE OLD ONE!

THIS TECHNIQUE MAY SERVE YOU AND FRIENDS LATER TOO! "A124" WAS STILL WORKING FRIDAY ON ANOTHER BATTERY PURCHASE. READ THIS LINK TO SHOW YOU HOW TO USE IT REALLY EFFECTIVELY (A124 HAS WORKED ALONG TIME, ONE DAY IT WON'T AND YOU'LL HAVE TO GOOGLE ANOTHER "WORKING CODE"), IT TAKES TIME TO FIND A REALLY GOOD ONE, AS YOU MUST ALSO RUN IT THRU ON A "DRY" ONLINE PURCHASE RUN TO SEE IF IT IS VALID. THIS ONLY WORKS ONLINE!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

ALL-RIGHTY-THEN

LET'S HEAR SOME FEEDBACK

LIKE CJ MEDEVAC IS THE GREATEST!

Saturday, July 11th, 2015 AT 7:38 PM