1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Just very sluggish

TAHOEMAN1980
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Runs starts and idles great just sluggish when ya press on gas no codes and no engine light changed tps fuel filter and air filter also tried the mass air flow sensor off my dads Tahoe all this with no change in issue sluggish off idle wont rev over 3000 rpm proper fuel pressure and exaust seems to flow proper and sounds normal tomorrow afte work I plan to pull the two pre cat o2 sensors to see if increase flow helps how it runs
Monday, October 14th, 2013 AT 7:00 PM

Check fuel pressure with a gauge first should be 50-60 with key on engine off
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 AT 6:13 AM
TAHOEMAN1980
This site is a joke. Every one says check fuel pressure. And does not read the post that I have several times checked the fuel pressure and it it right on top notch pressure couldn't be any better if it was new for all u that don't read the post I HAVE CHECKED THE FUEL PRESSURE AND IT IS rIGHT ON RIGHT WHERE IT SHOulD bE
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 AT 7:24 AM
Sorry you feel that way but the question I answered has no other previous questions about this issue just the one listed here. Unfortunately that would be the first thing to check. If you can check the vacuum at idle if it is at 15" or below, suspect a clogged converter which should give you a code 420 or 430 as you have two on your truck. Most auto parts do this for free. The only other thing to check would be a cam and crank sensor for resistance as sometimes they won't give a code which we have not data for so you need to check against a new one. If high then replace it. Or at least take the crank sensor out and clean the crap off of it if there is any. Also if this is a 350 which it maybe or 5.7L take the cap off and see if you can move the rotor one way or another if it moves your dist gear may be worn out and your timing is getting screwed up. We are not magicians and go only by what you have described. Especially hard with you not giving any data on truck other than year and model.
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 AT 7:38 AM