Clutch pedal assembly

WOOZIEBEAR
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
The clutch pedal popped and now can be moved side to side and is not operable. Also, the push rod is off as well. How hard is it to replace or repair this problem and where can I get a diagram of the pedal assembly?
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 3:57 AM

KEN
Hey, WOOZIEBEAR

It looks like the pivot has pooped out. Here is a diagram on how to reinstall it. Look for a broken clip you might need to get at the dealer to hold it in place.

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken
-1
Wednesday, December 7th, 2016 AT 6:06 PM
MIKELONDON
Same problem I had with clutch pedal on my 1999 Blazer. I did not want to take everything out to fix pedal. Left side was broken and pedal was hanging on one side of shaft at top of pedal. I used mini saw to cut right side and drop the whole clutch pedal out of the housing under dash way up there. (Lying on my back squeezed by seat. It was hard but I did it). I rebuilt the stupid plastic shaft set up with copper piping 3/8, plastic PVC, a cut up bolt and the existing spring and white plastic middle piece. (The whole thing was a plastic shaft spring type set up that has to slide in and out so It can click in holes when re installing). I did it with stuff lying around. Took many tries and throwing a chair, I got it to work same as factory but stronger. Slid it back into metal housing under dash. Re connected push rod and plastic cheap clip. Worked. You can do it.
+16
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 AT 3:05 PM
KEN
Hey,

Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out on the site whenever it can add information that will help.

Cheers, Ken
Friday, May 5th, 2017 AT 4:53 PM
JTALBERT
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
Five speed transmission. My clutch pedal broke on the right side of where the pedal fits into the pedal assembly. Is there a way to take just the clutch pedal out and not the whole assembly? Thank you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/378220_clutch_008_2.jpg

+1
Friday, July 20th, 2018 AT 7:12 PM (Merged)
RACEFAN966
Unfortunatly you have to take the brake and clutch pedal assembly down as a unit even to take it appart. I would look for a replacement from a wrecking or salvage yard unless you know a good welder.
-1
FOODRECRUITER
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
I have had the clutch, slave cylinder and master cylinder replaced twice. My very stiff clutch pedal continues with a squeaking noise. I can put up with the squeak but the stiff pedal is hurting my left leg in stop and go Seattle traffic. Repair shop seems stumped.
+1
Friday, July 20th, 2018 AT 7:13 PM (Merged)
RHALL77
What about the throw out bearing, has that been replaced? Is the input shaft for the transmission clean and smooth? There is really nothing else it could be unless the pressure plate is bad and binding.
GREGG_BIRKHOLZ@YAHOO.COM
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
I cannot get to the other side of hole to fix it. I took out wheel well and panels under dash and cant find access to this hole so I can reattach bushing. I keep running into metal walls. Does this require a weld?
Take the pedal assembly out and either replace it or take the clutch pedal off and get it welded backup. Replace the bushing if need be.
-1
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
Clutch pedal, sometimes fine, sometimes low, stick grabbing, fluid level fine.
EVOLVE960
Clutch master cylinder may be sticking or binding, or slave cylinder may be bad.
WHEELER123
  • 2000 CHEVROLET S-10
Started my truck this morning and noticed the clutch did not have any pedal pressure, went to the floor and could not get it to shift. Will this be a total clutch replacement?
Friday, July 20th, 2018 AT 7:14 PM (Merged)
Not necessarily, check fluid in master first it may have leaked out or the slave or master is bad or there could be air in system. Of course if you have someone help and can see the clutch linkage work then probably it is the clutch.
+1
WHEELER123
Thank you. Called a local shop and he pretty much gave me the same answer.
KEN

Best, Ken
+1
WHEELER123
It was the master cylinder. Got a new one installed and working fine. All together was $200.00. Do not know if this is a good price but it got me back on the road.
KEN
Glad you could get it fixed. Please use 2CarPros. Com anytime we are here to help.

Best, Ken