Clutch pedal assembly

WOOZIEBEAR
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
On my 99 s10 the clutch pedal popped and now can be moved side to side and is not operable, also the push rod is off as well. How hard is it to replace or repair this problem and where can I get a diagram of the pedal assembly?
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 3:57 AM

KEN
Hey, WOOZIEBEAR

It looks like the pivot has pooped out, here is a diagram on how to reinstall it, Look for a broken clip you might need to get at the dealer to hold it in place.

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken
-1
Wednesday, December 7th, 2016 AT 6:06 PM
MIKELONDON
Same problem I had with clutch pedal on my 1999 blazer. I didn't want to take everything out to fix pedal. Left side was broken and pedal was hanging on one side of shaft at top of pedal. I used mini saw to cut right side and drop the whole clutch pedal out of the housing under dash way up there.(Lying on my back squeezed by seat. It was hard but I did it). I rebuilt the stupid plastic shaft set up with copper piping 3/8, plastic pvc, a cut up bolt and the existing spring and white plastic middle piece. (The whole thing was a plastic shaft spring type set up that has to slide in and out so It can click in holes when re installing). I did it with stuff lying around. Took many tries and throwing a chair, I got it to work same as factory but stronger. Slid it back into metal housing under dash. Re connected push roda nd plastic cheap clip. Worked. You can do it.
+6
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 AT 3:05 PM
KEN
Hey,

Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out on the site whenever it can add information that will help.

Cheers, Ken
Friday, May 5th, 2017 AT 4:53 PM