2000 Chevy S-10 not firing

NICKI4701
  • 2000 CHEVROLET S-10
I have a 2000 Chevy s-10 pickup, Stick Shift with 89,897 miles on it. I just replaced the hydro clutch in it, engine was performing great prior to change of Clutch. There are no leaks that I can see or smell, but when I went to start the truck it isn't firing. Pulled spark plug wire to trouble shoot with screw driver test, not trowing spark, fuel not spitting. I'm thinking I have air some how in the line, maybe damaged when moving the Transmission to repace Hydro Clutch, any suggestions?
Wednesday, October 31st, 2007 AT 2:53 PM

MERLIN2021
Tranny shop.
Friday, August 17th, 2007 AT 2:08 PM
BLACKOP555
First I would like you to check the rotor and distirbutor cap.

If those are good and not full of carbon deposits check the coil.

Check for fuel at the fuel rail, if you get nothing then check the fuel pump shutoff switch and relay and fuse. If those are good change the fuel pump and fliter.
Wednesday, October 31st, 2007 AT 7:11 PM
CHRIS1979
I think that year doesnt have a distributor cap or button, does it? And u may have pulled your fuel line loose when u dropped the transmission? It has a clamp that holds it up on one the passenger side of the transmission. If u forgot to unhook it, it may have came loose? Not sure but just a suggestion.
Wednesday, October 31st, 2007 AT 9:04 PM
CHEVYII
Who did the clutch? They may have missed a ground wire on the bellhousing
Sunday, November 4th, 2007 AT 9:59 AM
BLACKOP555
That still would not explain the no spark. I think it may be as mr. Chev says. He may have forgotten a ground on the vehcile causing it not to complete the circuit.
Sunday, November 4th, 2007 AT 10:50 AM