SO MY PATHFINDER HAD BEEN RUNNING OKAY BUT ...

• Anonymous
  • 1998 Nissan Pathfinder

So, my Pathfinder had been running okay but having some lagging acceleration on hills etc. Then the other morning it didn't want to turn over, started then died~all interior lights etc. All working. Started it again and it drove fine for about five miles and then started stuttering and died on the side of the road. Towed it home and now it will turn over after a few tries but dies after a lot of stuttering. Did a spark test as recommended in other posts and i'm getting spark. Replaced the fuel filter, didn't make a difference. What else? How do I test the fuel pump? Could it be a timing belt issue?

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

• KHLow2008

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

Above link shows how to test fuel pressure.

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 7:43 PM
  • bsalinas

Replaced the fuel pump, filter, spark plugs/wires, relay. Fuses are all fine, dist. Cap etc. Fine. Still acting the same wants to turn over but won't and if it does every once in ten tries it runs really rough and then dies, just like before. Any ideas?

Saturday, November 10th, 2012 AT 6:28 PM
  • KHLow2008

Did you check for trouble codes?

Monday, November 12th, 2012 AT 1:22 PM