THE CAR STALLING LOOSES POWER ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON

• csantos92185
  • 2006 Nissan Pathfinder

Purchase car two years ago from Nissan with clean history and 50,000 miles when I bought. The car has always had a noisy motor. But as of yesterday my car started stalling and power was poor also engine light when on my mechanic said is the transmission, that the transmission oil is mixing with water. I don't understand how can this be I service my car regularly. And oil changes are on time they never told me I needed a transmission oil when it was checked. Oil was service at 50,000, I went on line and it seems Nissan pathfinder have a recall for MODULE IPDM ASSEMBLY CONTAINS an engine control module ECM. The ECM, at allow silicon pavor to form n over time and over time the silicon evaporates from the diode molding which causes silicon oxide to develop on ECM RELAY contact due to arcing. With the consequences of causing engine to stalling. COuld this be the reason my car is stalling did my transmission may be failing do to this.

Thursday, August 29th, 2013 AT 6:48 AM

• hmac300

There is a cooling line in the radiator from transmission. It has a broken probably and that is why trans is messing up change this immediately or you may have damage to transmission. You will need another radiator as well.

Thursday, August 29th, 2013 AT 7:00 AM
  • csantos92185

Thanks I am hoping this was causing the water into the transmission. God bless u.

Thursday, August 29th, 2013 AT 8:24 PM