How do I replace my fuel filler neck

JMRW80
  • 1997 FORD F-150
Long and short of it. After the most recent recall for fuel tank straps, I started noticing a small fuel leak. Turns out I needed a new fuel filler neck. I have the new filler neck, just not the arm and a leg to have my mechanic put it in for me. I am hoping you can help.
Friday, October 14th, 2011 AT 3:10 AM

Open the fuel door and remove the three screws that hold the filler to the bed. Remove the fuel cap. Under the truck, the steel filler goes into a rubber hose then the tank. Remove the clamps and pull the steel filler tube from both the vent and filler tube. You will need to use a large hook scribe to break the seal loose while twisting it.

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
+3
Friday, October 14th, 2011 AT 4:14 AM
OHIOMIKE
  • 1999 FORD F-150
All I need is the rubber hose that runs from the fuel filler to the fuel tank. Where can I get the hose only? The dealer trying to sell me the entire fuel filler neck assembly. They say that is the only way it comes. Can anyone help? Where can I get hose only?
Thursday, August 2nd, 2018 AT 5:38 PM (Merged)
Have you tried a salvage yard?
SCANLAN123
  • 1994 FORD F-150
Six cylinder two wheel drive manual.

Cannot run on front fuel tank, have to run off the rear tank. When switching to front tank it shuts off, but occasionally but rarely works. Cannot keep over just a few gallons of fuel in rear tank or it spews out to ground from what seems like back pressure. Also, front tank seems to be full when I am not even putting any fuel in it. I can can stick something in tank filler neck to relive pressure in rear tank and gas level will go down to keep it from spewing out, but after sitting a spell sometimes will come right back up.
Thursday, August 2nd, 2018 AT 5:39 PM (Merged)
RENEGADE65
Fuel tank selector valve.
RICKBERGER
  • 1994 FORD F-150FORD F-150
134, 000 miles, 5.0 liter. This truck has dual fuel tanks. When both tanks are full and the rear tank is selected via the dash panel switch, the front tank begins to overflow and gas comes pouring out the front tank's fill tube. What could be wrong?
BLACKOP555
Faulty dual fuel tank selector valve.

No longer made.

Check with Ford garage or junk yard.

Beware junkyard one may be faulty also.

If you cant find one you have to bypass the front tank or rear tank.

The valve is right underneath the drivers door by the fuel rail. It is black with four hoses in the back (two from each tank) and two hoses leaving in the front (one to fuel filter and one to fuel return).
BLONDEWOLF
This actually gives me a little bit more insight to my own dual tank issues. Thank you.
ED CASTELLANO
  • 1995 FORD F-150
I have duel fuel tanks in my truck, but unable to get fuel into front tank. When I try it just fills up the neck then spits out. I ran that tank empty to be sure gauge was working and it is. No problems with back tank. This is a farm truck so it sits out all the time. What do I need to check?
BLACKOP555
Check to make sure your fill line is not kinked or restricted for starters. If that is good check the vent line on top of the gas tank and disconnect it from the metal line running up to the carbon canister. And try to fill it, any better?