What will cause all four power windows to stop working?

TIFFANYWILDE
  • 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY
Replaced the power window/power lock fuse under driver side kick panel and tried two different master power window/lock switches. Power locks work on front passenger side door. Locks and unlocks all four doors. None of the window switches work. Every time I close the driver side door I hear click-click click-click.
Monday, July 16th, 2012 AT 5:30 PM

ASEMASTER6371
You need to start with basics. Check for power to the master switch and all other window switches. It sounds light you have a power supply issue and you need to find out where.

+1
Monday, July 16th, 2012 AT 5:38 PM
TIFFANYWILDE
Pretty sure the switch is not getting power. Where does the power for this switch come from?
+1
Monday, July 16th, 2012 AT 5:41 PM
CADIEMAN
First was the fuse blown
?With a testlight test that u have power to the locks and windows switchs this has to be a wiring or a relay. Try to explain your problom better
Monday, July 16th, 2012 AT 5:57 PM
TIFFANYWILDE
Fuse appeared to be fine. Replaced it anyway. Trying to inspect the wires between the door and the body but I cant figure out how t remove the grommet. It extends into the door about 3". Any ideas about that. After inspecting wires I will try the main power relay.
Monday, July 16th, 2012 AT 7:22 PM
MHPAUTOS
That grommet will peel out it can be a bit hard but it will come out. Take the door trim of and check from that side if you cant move it.
Monday, July 16th, 2012 AT 10:18 PM
CADIEMAN
Dont go there yet. Remove the switchs and check voltage to all the switchs and that power is their.
+1
Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 AT 6:15 AM