WHAT WILL CAUSE ALL FOUR POWER WINDOWS TO STOP WORKING?

1996 Toyota Camry

tiffanywilde

July, 16, 2012 AT 5:30 PM

Replaced the power window/power lock fuse under driver side kick panel and tried two different master power window/lock switches. Power locks work on front passenger side door. Locks and unlocks all four doors. None of the window switches work. Every time I close the driver side door I hear click-click click-click.

July, 16, 2012 AT 5:38 PM

You need to start with basics. Check for power to the master switch and all other window switches. It sounds light you have a power supply issue and you need to find out where.

tiffanywilde

July, 16, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

Pretty sure the switch is not getting power. Where does the power for this switch come from?

cadieman

July, 16, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

First was the fuse blown
?With a testlight test that u have power to the locks and windows switchs this has to be a wiring or a relay. Try to explain your problom better

tiffanywilde

July, 16, 2012 AT 7:22 PM

Fuse appeared to be fine. Replaced it anyway. Trying to inspect the wires between the door and the body but I cant figure out how t remove the grommet. It extends into the door about 3". Any ideas about that. After inspecting wires I will try the main power relay.

mhpautos

July, 16, 2012 AT 10:18 PM

That grommet will peel out it can be a bit hard but it will come out. Take the door trim of and check from that side if you cant move it.

cadieman

July, 17, 2012 AT 6:15 AM

Dont go there yet. Remove the switchs and check voltage to all the switchs and that power is their.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera