DRIVING HOME ONE DAY AND THE VEHICLE JUST SHUT ...

1996 GMC Sierra

jessesandberg

November, 14, 2012 AT 4:54 AM

Driving home one day and the vehicle just shut down, did not cough or spudder or give any signs of problems, just shut down, engine will try to crank over but will not start, theres air and spark and seems to not have enough fuel pressure, changed fuel filter, fuel pump, was going to try the fuel pressure regulator, and ignition control module, is there any other things I could try, and what may be the problem? The engine was running fine hours before.

DrCranknWrench

November, 14, 2012 AT 4:56 AM

Have the fuel pressure checked to make sure it is within spec.

jessesandberg

November, 14, 2012 AT 7:33 PM

If its not to spec what could I do to get it back to proper pressure?

DrCranknWrench

November, 15, 2012 AT 2:02 AM

I would think the fuel pressure regulator is about all that is left. If it is in spec you might have a dirty fuel system and need to run some good cleaner. BG44K is about the only one that really works. You have to go to a car dealership to get it at the parts counter and its $20 a can, but well worth it. I usually suggest 2 cans if you never ran a cleaner and expect it to act funny as deposits are removed during cleaning.

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement