AC LIGHT FLASHES,BLINKS ON AND OFF

• rubyred1
  • 1993 Toyota Camry
  • automatic

1993 camry. Ac button blinks on and off. I can depress the button off and back on and that takes care of it. Then sometime it flashes continually the I have to cut the car off and restart and that causes the ac to work. Also sometime the light stays on and it just starts blowing hot air. Took it to toyota and they said it was the ac amplifier got that and replaced it but those symptons continue. Also replaced the ac relay in the fuse box under the hood.

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 AT 2:44 PM

• KHLow2008

Fault is with the A/C switch circuit. It could be a bad switch or a loose connnections somewhere.

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 AT 2:50 PM
  • rubyred1

Thanks for your reply. Is the ac switch circuit one part or a board with several switches attached to it?

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 AT 6:08 PM
  • KHLow2008

It is a separate part attached to the panel.

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 AT 7:13 PM
  • rubyred1

Is the ac switch a part that can be replaced on its own or is it one that needs to be tested to make sure there are no shorts in it? One last question where is it located under the hood or behind the glove compartmentg? Thanks again for your help.

Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 AT 11:45 AM
  • KHLow2008

The A/C switch is the button that I am referring to. It can be replaced on its own.

You can try bypassing the switch and if the A/C works correctly, then the button/switch is definitely faulty.

Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 AT 12:20 PM