I'M LOOKING FOR AN AIR DIVERTER VALVE ; SEE DISCUSSIONS ON THEM ...HAS ANYONE FOUND THEM YET?

1990 Cadillac Deville

brian johnson

October, 2, 2011 AT 5:58 PM

This would be for a 4.5 L FWD sedan. I see AC Delco and other parts #s listed. Have there been any results?

Display

Jacobandnickolas

October, 2, 2011 AT 7:40 PM

Are you looking to purchase one or the location on the vehicle?

brian johnson

October, 4, 2011 AT 7:17 PM

Looking to purchase a new one (air diverter valve GM part #17090215)for 90 Caddy DeVille 4.5 L FWD

Jacobandnickolas

October, 4, 2011 AT 9:14 PM

A dealer is the only place you'll find a new one. That is if they haven't discontinued them.

saturntech9

October, 4, 2011 AT 10:57 PM

Just to add to this one is the pic I posted the part your looking for?

brian johnson

October, 4, 2011 AT 11:26 PM

Statech- thanks but, no, it is not the right part. What I'm looking for has a whole lot of ports on it, is black, looks like some sort of spaceship, more cylindrical or tube-like than square, . Looking for used or prefferably new. Not even Cadillacs Only has one. GM part 17090215, AC Delco #214-123 SMP #DV84

saturntech9

October, 4, 2011 AT 11:59 PM

So is theac delco number all together including the dv84 the way that number is posted its a little confusing. Iam really good at finding parts thats why I chimed into this onethe challengeto find thr part.

brian johnson

October, 5, 2011 AT 1:24 AM

No, sorry. The AC Delco # is 214-123 The other is Standard Motor Products (or Parts?), But SMP DV84. Sorry for the confusion.

cadieman

October, 6, 2011 AT 4:39 PM

Any ac delco parts store will have it or it can be ordered

saturntech9

October, 6, 2011 AT 4:57 PM

You can try calling one of those ac delco stores I have been putting those part numbers into the websites that sell ac delco parts and it comes up as part not found. Try this go to www. Parts. Com and get the phone number off the website give them a call and see what they can find for you. They sell factory parts for all different kinds of makes. There a parts locator I have bought parts from them before they found the parts I was looking for. Let me know what you find.

brian johnson

October, 7, 2011 AT 12:11 AM

This is a discontinued AC Delco part, also discontinued by SMP, and has been called 'the holy grail' of Caddy parts by noneother than Cadillacs Only in CA.I found one place that says they have 3 of them, but they are unable to find them in their 45,000 square foot warehouse amongst their 32,000 parts bins.I even told them that I would buy all three. Whether they are looking for them, they didn't sound too enthusiastic even though I offered them extra money to look.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage