MY CAR STARTS RUNS FOR A FEW SECONDS THEN DIES. NEED HELP!

1989 Chevrolet Cavalier

shadetree77

January, 5, 2012 AT 2:55 AM

I have a 1989 Chevrolet cavalier, 2.0liter, automatic tranny. Car starts then dies. I drove the car, shut it of went in to the store came out, it started then died. Came back with trailer it started up and I drove it on to the trailer. Got home and it started and died. I'm losing fuel after start up, coming out of the injector. I have 14psi of fuel pressure while running. Replaced the following, ecm, ignition module, coils, oil pressure sender, plugs, wires, crank sensor, map, iac, fuel filter, and fuel pump relay. I pulled the regulator off and inspected, looks fine. My valve train is moving while the engine is running.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

fixitmr

January, 5, 2012 AT 3:40 AM

No CEL? Maybe it's a wring problem?

shadetree77

I bought a haynes manual. What is a good place to start. I have already checked and cleaned every ground that I can find. There is no CEL on. No codes. What is the possibility of the car being out of time? I also unplugged the TCC, at the transmission, still no change.

fixitmr

January, 7, 2012 AT 10:04 AM

So it quits and starts right back up?

shadetree77

Yes it will do it over and over, as if you turned the key off.

fixitmr

January, 10, 2012 AT 5:47 AM

Does that have single injector TB?

shadetree77

February, 1, 2012 AT 12:12 PM

Yes it is a single injector tb.

shadetree77

February, 11, 2012 AT 2:50 AM

Fixed my car today. After running down a wiring schematic and some info from a ex-gm technician at work. I found out that the objectors was bad. Apparently the objectors has a voltage source coming off the alternator. He instructed me to unplug the alternator and try to start the car. After I did that the car run. Went and bought a new injector and installed it. Car run s perfect as before. Thanks.

fixitmr

February, 12, 2012 AT 8:20 AM

Wow that's weird. Will have to look that up.