NO HEAT

2002 Ford Taurus

Heater problem
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 64,000 miles

In sept I noticed I had no heat coming out of vents.I changed the thermostate with no results. I took it to the ford dealer and they said my heater core was plugged. I took it to a local auto repair near my home and $500 dollars later I have a new heater core, radiator flush and new antifreeze. Problem fixed.&Quot; WRONG". Two days later I have no heat again. Took it back to repair shop and they said my heater core was plugged again. They flushed it again and said it was working. By the time I got home I had no heat. Took it back again and they said it plugged up again. They reflushed radiator and put new antifreeze in again. Still no heat two days later. I put in another new thermostate with no results. The car does not over heat. The temp guage goes in the middle. All hoses in car heat up except one top hose going to heater core seems cold. All together I have about $600 invested and still no heat. All control knobs in car work. The blend door works. Water pump works. But no heat. Is there a place in the macomb county mich area that could help me with this problem before we are at 10 below zero
Dave clancy

My 2002 Ford Taurus is having the exact same problem as yours. All I have is cold air blowing out of the vents. I just spent $200 to get the blower motor fixed, I cannot believe I will have to spend a lot more money to just have working heat. I am in Michigan as well and it is freaking cold now and I have no heat. Did you end up finding out what was causing you to have no heat in your car?

Shadowrose
Can you tell me what is happening with your car may be I can help

BMRFIXIT
Ever since I got my blower motor fixed, I have only cold air blowing out of the air vents even after the car engine is warm. Prior to getting the blower motor fixed, there was heat but it was just not coming out of the vents.

Shadowrose
Check heater core hoses if both are hot, if not the heater core need to be flushed as a 1st step
these are the steps
WARNING: NEVER REMOVE THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP UNDER ANY CONDITIONS WHILE THE ENGINE IS OPERATING. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE COOLING SYSTEM OR ENGINE AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY. TO AVOID HAVING SCALDING HOT COOLANT OR STEAM BLOW OUT OF THE COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE, USE EXTREME CARE WHEN REMOVING THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP FROM A HOT COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE. WAIT UNTIL THE ENGINE HAS COOLED, THEN WRAP A THICK CLOTH AROUND THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP AND TURN IT SLOWLY UNTIL PRESSURE BEGINS TO RELEASE. STEP BACK WHILE THE PRESSURE IS RELEASED FROM THE COOLING SYSTEM. WHEN CERTAIN ALL PRESSURE HAS BEEN RELEASED, PRESS DOWN ON THE PRESSURE CAP (STILL WITH A CLOTH), TURN AND REMOVE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP.
Engine cool
lower the coolant level
Locate the two hoses running to the heater core
disconnect them at the engine side leaving hoses connected to heater core throw the firewall
use garden water hose and compressed air if possible
run the water and follow by air throw one side and out the other and vice versa
do that two to three times watching what leaving the heater core you are looking for the good flow and clear water to run throw
reconnect hoses
top off coolant system
good luck
let me know

BMRFIXIT