WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF ANTIFREEZE GOT PUT IN BRAKE FLUID?

2002 Ford Mustang • V8 •

So I had the clutch in my car re-done by AAMCO three days ago, just got the car back. Was driving it for the first time yesteday. The brakes started acting weird and sort of making a hissing sound when I pressed them down. So I stopped at the shop next to my house. They thought maybe the brakes just needed to be bled so they did it real quick for me and anti freeze started comming out of the brake lines. We opened the brake fluid resivior and it was anti freeze. What kind of damage has this done to my car? And how long would someones brakes work if they were tainted with anti freeze? Like im curious. It had to have just been put in there right? I couldn't have been driving my brakes on anti freeze for a year right?
Summers918

GREENISH OR YELLOWISH LIKE ANTIFREEZE? MAYBE NOT ANTIFREEZE! MY FRIEND HELPED ME ONCE, BY TOPPING ME OFF WITH POWER STEERING JUICE. THIS WAS YEARS AGO, AND HE DID TELL ME THAT HE TOPPED MINE OFF WHILE TOPPING HIS OFF. HE FAILED TO MENTION "WITH WHAT". EVERYTHING INSIDE MY SYSTEM THAT WAS MADE OF RUBBER, THAT GOT IT ON IT, KINDA SWELLED UP AND LOOKED AS IF IT HAD TURNED INSIDE OUT. TOTAL SYSTEM FAILURE WAS SOON TO HAPPEN, AS MY FRONT (CLOSEST TO MASTER) WHEEL CYLINDERS STARTED SWELLING ! WE WERE ABLE TO FLUSH THE LINES OUT. NEW MASTER CYLINDER, AND 4 WHEEL CYLINDER KITS.

IF WHATEVER WAS IN YOURS WAS WATER BASED, IT DEFINITELY WOULD MESS YOU UP AS FAR AS BRAKING. EVER NOTICE WHEN BLEEDING BRAKES, THE BRAKE JUICE WILL JUST WASH OFF YOUR CONCRETE. IT'S WATER SOLUBLE, I REALLY THINK THAT IF YOU THOROUGHLY FLUSH THE MASTER CYLINDER AND LINES THEY WILL BE OK.I WOULD DEFINITELY REMOVE BRAKE CALIPERS, AND SLOSH THEM AROUND WITH BRAKE FLUID AND BLOW THEM OUT WITH AIR (THAT IS IF THAT WOULD BE MORE TROUBLE THAN JUST REPLACING THEM. LOOKS AS THOUGH, SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT DO THE UPGRADE FOR YOU, IF YOU CONFRONT THE SHOP THIS MAY HAVE HAPPENED AT!) I EXPERIENCED A SIMILAR DEAL ONCE, WITH THE WIFES TRANNY, WRONG FLUID, THEY SAID, "OH, THAT WAS THE NEW GUY"! (LIKE THAT MADE IT ALL BETTER!)----WELL, I GOT NEWS FOR YOU, THE NEW GUY WAS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TRAIN AND KEEP TABS ONAFTER THREATING A LAW SUIT AND THEN, MY BUDDY DRESSED UP IN A SUIT, STANDING OUT FRONT, WITH ME POINTING AND TALKING (UNTIL WE WERE NOTICED, THEN WE LEFT!) I PERSUADED THAT SHOP, PAY FOR ANOTHER SHOP TO FIX, THE "NEW GUY MESS UP" THATS'S RIGHT, IF THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO THE 1ST TIME----WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY WENT TO SCHOOL AND GOT PROPERLY TRAINED UP IN A COUPLE OF DAYS TIME---TO FIX YOU CORRECTLY, THE 2ND GO 'ROUND? MUCH LIKE A BAD "NIP AND TUCK", YOU GONNA LET THE SAME DOC, CUT SOME MORE TO "FIX" IT?---I WOULD DEFINITELY GET A DIFFERENT SHOP FIX IT, AT THE 1ST ONE'S EXPENSE. THIS MIGHT COULD HAVE BEEN REALLY TRAGIC FOR YOU, YOUR SPOUSE, KIDS, AND THE OTHER POOR SOUL WHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN ON THE RECEIVING OF YOUR VEHICLE. AS FAR AS WHERE THIS HAPPENED, HARD TO SAY, WAS YOUR VEHICLE ANYWHERE ELSE RECENTLY WHERE THE HOOD COULD HAVE BEEN LIFTED (DOORS UNLOCKED)? IT WOULD ALSO DEPEND ON THE AMOUNT OF BRAKING YOU DID AS FAR AS TO GET IT INTO THE SYSTEM--THE MEDIC