ECM ECU PCM computer location

DEACON57
  • 2005 CHEVROLET MALIBU
I know it is not a card but you can unseat and re-seat the ECM ECU PCM to clean the contacts as I had my car give an engine disabled signal on my car and it stalled. A minute later it started and ran like there was nothing wrong. I want to locate the computer so I can disconnect the battery and pull the computer and push it back in to clean the contacts before I have a mechanic charge me $800.00 or $900.00 to tell me they could not find anything wrong. Where is the PCM located in my car listed above?
Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 AT 12:06 PM

See picture. be very careful plugging it back in so as to not bend pins, also apply some dielectric grease to contacts for water intrusion. you should also check your fuel pressure with a gauge if no codes are showing auto parts rent it, see link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
+1
Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 AT 12:13 PM
DEACON57
  • 2005 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Where is the PCM card located in my car?
-1
Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 AT 5:14 PM (Merged)
STEVE W.
The PCM is not a card, it is the main engine computer. Unless you have a dealer scan tool and access to a programmer and the specific download link for your VIN number so you can program a new unit it is not a DIY job. Very easy to turn the computer into a doorstop.

Why do you want to replace it?
-1
DEACON57
I know it is not a card but you can unseat and re-seat the ECM ECU PCM to clean the contacts as I had my car give an engine disabled signal on my car and it stalled. A minute later it started and ran like there was nothing wrong. I want to locate the computer so I can disconnect the battery and pull the computer and push it back in to clean the contacts before I have a mechanic charge me $800.00 or $900.00 to tell me they could not find anything wrong. Where the PCM is located?
STEVE W.
Engine disabled normally is not a bad connection at the ECM.

The PCM is right in front of the battery.
The BCM is under the dash, right side near the heater blower.
The ICM is on the top of the engine at the rear.
The theft module is attached to the back of the key switch area.

All of those are modules that can disable the engine.
+1
DEACON57
Yes I know, read my initial question, it was about the power-train control module, I just wanted to know where it was located and asked someone else who already gave me the answer along with a schematic which helped tremendously. It is good to know that the other three modules can also disable the engine, thanks anyway.