Wont start

JOE1953
  • 2004 GMC ENVOY
I replace the fuel pump and fuel filter on my SUV. The first time I check the fuel pressure after I replace the new fuel pump it show about 56 psi the test port is connect to the fuel line at the fuel filter there is where I check the pressure is there another test port under the hood where I can test the pressure there? The engine will crank but wont start when I turn the key to run the pump will run for about two second and sometimes the pump keep on running and wont stop until I turn the key off. What causes the pump to keep on running? What to check and how do I fix all the problems? I want to get it going need a way to get around in.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 7:11 AM

It should be 50-57 psi at fuel rail and not drop more than 5 psi after ten minutes it may be a partially blocked line. If you spray choke cleaner into throttle body and it starts fine if not try resetting security system. See picture.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 7:42 AM
JOE1953
Can you send me pictures of the test port at the fuel rail? I look for it but could not find it. Does the throttle body have to be open to spray choke cleaner into it? Where do I spray it in at? I tried to open the throttle body when press on the gas pedal it did not open. How do I check for a blocked line?
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 9:43 AM
JOE1953
The engine was running good went to the store when got back into the vehicle to start it it would not start.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 9:47 AM
SATURNTECH9
With the key in the run position is the security light on solid or flashing?
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 10:43 AM
JOE1953
No I did not see any light flashing I will check again.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 10:50 AM
SATURNTECH9
Please see if it's flashing or on solid that's means the security system is active keeping it from starting
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 10:51 AM
SATURNTECH9
Also any codes in the computer?
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 11:00 AM
JOE1953
The battry cable been disconnect will it still have any codes in the computer? I will scan for codes.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 11:17 AM
SATURNTECH9
Sometimes you can read them with a basic code reader when that happens and sometimes you cannot. If there were codes you would need a more advanced scan tool.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 5:46 PM
JOE1953
What is a advance scan tool?Can you send me pictures of the test port at the fuel rail? I look for it but could not find it. Does the throttle body have to be open to spray choke cleaner into it? Where do I spray it in at? I tried to open the throttle body when press on the gas pedal it did not open. How do I check for a blocked line?
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 8:36 PM
SATURNTECH9
Let's start with what I asked is the security light on solid or flashing with the key in the run position?You could have the correct fuel pressure but If the security system is keeping it from starting by disabling the fuel injector pulse then it won't start.A advance scan tool is one the professionals used and can read all the computers in the car plus do special tests etc.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 AT 9:21 PM
JOERUSS1953
The security light on solid so what I do now?
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 10:33 AM
JOERUSS1953
The codes in the computer is P2101, P1516 will these codes cause no start?
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 12:18 PM
SATURNTECH9
Try relearning the pass lock sensor like hmac300 suggested in a previous post look back on this question there are instructions.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 12:19 PM
SATURNTECH9
Those look like throttle body codes like throttle position sensor etc. As far as the security light those would have codes in the body control module which a basic diyer code reader can't read. Those codes would start with a B try relearning the pass lock sensor.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 12:57 PM
JOERUSS1953
I tried to relearning the pass lock sensor when I turn switch to run position, the security light turn off in about 3 to 5 seconds.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 12:59 PM
SATURNTECH9
You said it was on solid now it's not?Iam confused.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 1:01 PM
JOERUSS1953
When I turn the key to run position the security light is on solid for about 3 to 5 second.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 1:10 PM
JOERUSS1953
I relearning the pass lock sensor the engine still want start I check for spark I don't see no spark when cranking what could be the cause for no spark?
Saturday, November 26th, 2016 AT 3:53 PM
JOERUSS1953
I relearning the pass lock sensor the engine still want start I check for spark there is no spark when cranking what cause no spark?
Saturday, November 26th, 2016 AT 4:04 PM