2001 Volkswagen Passat no start

CHREKO
  • 2001 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT
2001 Volkswagen Passat 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i need help my car has been down for 2 years the engine turns over, it has no compression. Here is what I checked out;it has fuel, it has hot enough spark, the timing belt is fine and in time, I replaced the camshaft sensor I took the spark plugs out and saw the pistons move up and down. My wife was driving it when it died, there was no noise or anything, it was just all of a sudden. Would really like some help, thanks, Chris
Friday, May 21st, 2010 AT 10:54 PM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs and also if the injectors are pulsing.
-1
Friday, May 21st, 2010 AT 11:02 PM
Fuel pressure

Vacuum hose to regulator connected 3.5 bar
Vacuum hose to regulator disconnected 4.0 bar
-1
Friday, May 21st, 2010 AT 11:18 PM
CHREKO
The fuel system is fine same results what next
Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 AT 8:47 PM
It has no compression. I've overlooked this one-Very low engine compression the engine will not start

the fuel system is fine same results: I take this that the fuel pump is producing the correct fuel pressure as mentioned earlier but is the injectors pulsing

Even if the pistons are up and down- could have jumped timing but being park for 2yrs the engine just don't lose compression and jump time.

Give me more info am lil confused here-this engine should fire up if this 3 ingredients compression/fuel and spark are up to par. Something is not right
-1
Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 AT 9:01 PM
CHREKO
The car died while driving two years ago. Right after it died I tried starting it did the same thing its doing now. What about the head gasket, if that is bad wouldnt there be oil leaking where its bad?
Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 AT 9:49 PM
You have spark and correct fuel pressure, injectors are pulsing-verify the valve and ignition timing this is where we stop-bcuz if its off it will never start even if you have spark and fuel.
-2
Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 AT 9:54 PM
CHREKO
The timing marks on the crank and cam line up where they are suppose to, are there timing marks for the timing chain that drives the other cam?
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 11:04 PM
CHREKO
I have passat and I would like to know if there are timing marks from one cam to the other, the timing marks are good for the crank to the cam, would like some help thanks
Thursday, May 27th, 2010 AT 12:25 AM
Try this

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_v1_6.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_v2_1.png

Thursday, May 27th, 2010 AT 12:35 AM
CHREKO
I have a chilton repair manual for a 01 passat and it says if you have a bad sensor the engine wont start if so could you tell me which one thanx
Friday, June 4th, 2010 AT 9:15 PM
2000PASSAT28L

I though this might be useful to someone.

I have a 2000 Passat 2.8L V6. One night I came home and had to move my car to get ready for the morning. The next morning I went to start it and it would not start. The engine would crank fine but would not start. I kept cranking the engine and it just would not start.
Luckily I had another car to drive so I could have time to work on it. After tracking down ghosts I found out that the compression was low in the cylinders. I tested it dry and wet and the wet brought up the compression so I tried to start it and boom it started.

It seems like the engine floods or the gas is stripping the piston rings causing a lose of compression.

I had confirmed
- Good ignition
- Good fuel pressure
- Low cylinder compression

ADD OIL TO CYLINDERS TO GAIN COMPRESSION
-1
Monday, March 11th, 2013 AT 11:58 PM