2005 Toyota Corolla Hard Starting

BRAD LEHR
  • 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA
I have an 05' Corolla that I bought brand new. It currently has 105,000 miles on it. The car has always been a bit hard to start. It has never not started but sometimes I will have to crank it several times before it starts. Othertimes it will start right away. Does this year car have a fuel filter that can easily be changed? And have you heard of others having a similar problem? I did take it back to the dealer years back and they said it was due to the 10% ethanol now contained in the fuel and they said there was nothing they could do to correct the problem.
Friday, October 31st, 2008 AT 6:51 AM

MMPRINCE4000
It is due for a plug change at 105K. Use Denso or NGK Iridium.
I would check fuel pressure and change the fuel filter.

Cars built since the mid to early 80's have been designed to run on 10% ethanol, and while it does not contain the energy gasoline does, it should not cause starting problems.

Ask Toyota to start a new Corolla (with 10% ethanol) and see if it is hard to start, if not, then so much for their theory.
+2
Friday, October 31st, 2008 AT 8:14 AM
ASHRAF_AK
I have the same problem with my corolla 2005
if you fixed your problem pls. Help me ashraf_ak@hotmail. Com
+4
Monday, December 15th, 2008 AT 6:44 AM