NOISES PROBLEM1994 TOYOTA CAMRY 6 CYL TWO WHEEL...

1994 Toyota Camry

tk454

July, 13, 2008 AT 9:58 PM

Noises problem
1994 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 245 00 miles

Recently my 94 Toyota Camry's been making some odd noises, such as a " rattling". It's coming from the front of the car near the engine. There's no leaks so I don't think it's a transmission problem. What should I do?

airsoftsoldrecn9

July, 13, 2008 AT 10:26 PM

Does the car have 24,500 or 245,000 miles on it? Is it comming from inside the engine? Make sure all the drive pulleys are in place. If the later milage is true then has the engine been rebuilt? What kind of oil pressure do you have?

tk454

July, 13, 2008 AT 10:35 PM

The milage is actually 245 000 and the noise is around the engine, near the belts I guess. And I dont think the engine was rebuilt. There is a " engine check" warning sign coming up on display along with " O/D off" sign flashing as well. According to the manual, there maybe a problem with transmission.

airsoftsoldrecn9

July, 13, 2008 AT 11:16 PM

" O/D off" is overdrive off. There should be a button to activate it. If it does not work then most likely there is an issue with the switch or solenoid on the transmission to actuate it into overdrive.

You need to check the oil pressure immediatly if you have not ever rebuilt the engine. The rattling could indicate extremely worn rod bearings (excessive play in the piston rod), piston slap (form excessively worn piston rings) or a worn main bearing. Does it burn oil excessively? If not then you could probably rule piston slap out. Even the valvtrain could have problems, such as a sticky lifter or extremely worn spring. The key right now is to note oil pressure.

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic