STUCK ON 5TH GEAR, SLOW ACCEL.

• miguelcarrasco6852
  • 2004 Nissan Maxima

Hi my. Name. Is Miguel. I replaced my tranny or better yet rebuilt it with aamco. Approx a year ago and have ran it approx 20000 miles since then. Today on freeway the car gave me a hardshake and stalled I pulled to. The side an turned vehicle back on. It was stuck on 5th gear. It would not down shift and still won't. I stepp on pedal full throttle on it way to.60 it has no prob except it accelerates as if if I was stepping. On pedal 1/5 to 1/4 down check engine drove for ever turned on. Only. Dcause i. Only. Drove for approx 20 more miles thebl last 5 were street. Thanks for any help

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 7:17 PM

• hmac300

Manual or automatic? If it's manual check fluid in trans make sure its 'full. Your shift linkage may be jammed as well causing this or maybe a cable or rod broke. There are two cables that control shifting so have a local pro look at it.

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 AT 6:19 AM