Starting problem once engine is cold.

MANAN123
  • 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA
Sir.

This car has a unique problem as it does not start once engine is cold. It requires a long key-self to start. Immediately after starting its starting is okay, but a second attempt even just 30 minutes after parking it requires a long starting. And immediately after starting when the engine is either cold or hot.
I have changed spark plugs, fuel pump, salf, heat sensor and battery. Everything seems okay.
Your kind suggestions please.
Saturday, April 30th, 2016 AT 3:16 AM

MANAN123
Furthermore I have checked it at many mechanics including the dealership, but so far problem still exists. I also had a complete tune up done. But it still requires a long starting after being parked. Second start immediately after engine switches off is okay.
-1
Saturday, April 30th, 2016 AT 3:24 AM
Scan for codes and check fuel pressure with a gauge in US auto parts rent it. It may be losing fuel pressure due to many things should be 44-50 psi and not drop after 5 minutes.
+1
Saturday, April 30th, 2016 AT 6:36 AM
MANAN123
Sir, fuel pressure I just checked with a guage. It is not losing the pressure, it remained normal even aftr 30 minutess. Your kind view please.
Saturday, April 30th, 2016 AT 8:27 AM
We really do not have Toyota's with that size of engine here in USA, so the spec I gave may be incorrect, but it has to stay at minimum pressure otherwise it is too low. Scan for codes as well.
Saturday, April 30th, 2016 AT 9:27 AM
MANAN123
Thanks for your kind comments sir. I will scan the codes as well.
Saturday, April 30th, 2016 AT 10:35 AM
RENEE
Here is a link to an article that features written instructions and pictures explaining how to do the scan yourself, also I have included a link to our YouTube channel with a how to video on code scanning. Most scanners are inexpensive to purchase, you can purchase one from Amazon.com. Once you have the codes please get back to us so we can further assist you. Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

https://youtu.be/YV3TRZwer8k
+1
Monday, May 2nd, 2016 AT 1:12 PM