Stalls, dies sometimes

GCB2369
  • 2003 DODGE CARAVAN
Some times it drives fine and sometimes it will start stalling and cutting out real hard, but if you let off and slowly ease back into gas it drives normal, here recently it has started dying while driving, sometimes it starts right back up and sometimes it takes ten minutes. The check engine light flashes on and off now instead of staying on constantly. I checked spark plugs and number four spark plug tube had a bunch of oil in it, I am guessing it is from leaking valve cover? The wire and plug seem to be still working fine.
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 12:44 AM

SATURNTECH9
What are the exact code numbers not code descriptions it has in the computer?
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 1:12 AM
GCB2369
Now remember I have had the van for six months, and it was given to me by an eighty five year old man so I so not when the last time the codes were cleared and it ran great 90% of the time and it would try to stall and jerk real hard occasionally, but if you eased back into gas it was fine. Now it does it just about every time I drive it. Anyway, here are all the codes, there are a bunch of them.
P0016, p0442, p0456, p0440, p0300, p0522, p0344, p0339, p0340, p0335, p0038.
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 8:42 AM
SATURNTECH9
You need to clear the codes and let's see what codes come back. We might have multiple issues I am thinking from those codes.
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 10:24 AM
GCB2369
I have no way of clearing the codes, I got those codes by turning key on and off three times in a row and it displays them in the odometer. I live in a small town closest place to go to be able to clear codes is thirty miles away.
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
SATURNTECH9
Then you are going to have to buy a pocket code reader. There are pretty cheap ones. I recommend the Autel Al319. That is the one I have. Make sure you do not get the cheap Chinese knock off that one. It also has some live engine data which is helpful on diagnosis.
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 12:03 PM
GCB2369
I do not have extra money to buy one right now. So I cleaned all that oil out of spark plug tube cleaned connectors on cam shaft sensor and drove around town a little and drove fine. Took a minute for it to start, but check engine line stopped flashing at least.
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 2:20 PM
SATURNTECH9
Okay, take it one day at a time one of those codes was for the crankshaft position sensor that can cause a stall no start for ten minutes. But without things like code readers etc it is hard to see what is going on. Let me know what happens.
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 2:33 PM