It still can be the fuel pump but can I ask if the check engine light is on? I have seen the crankshaft angle sensor cause this issue as well. If it is a bad crankshaft sensor it will not show a trouble code or trigger a check engine light. Here is a guide to help us see what's going on with how to change out the crankshaft sensor in the diagrams below.
CKP SYSTEM VARIATION LEARN PROCEDURE
1. Install a scan tool.
2. Monitor the powertrain control module (PCM) for DTCs with a scan tool. If other DTCs are set, except DTC P0315, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information for the applicable DTC.
3. Select the crankshaft position variation learn procedure with a scan tool.
4. The scan tool instructs you to perform the following:
1. Accelerate to wide open throttle (WOT).
2. Release the throttle when fuel cut-off occurs.
3. Observe the fuel cut-off specifications for the applicable engine.
4. The engine should not accelerate beyond the calibrated RPM value.
5. Release the throttle immediately if the value is exceeded.
6. Block the drive wheels.
7. Set the parking brake.
8. DO NOT apply the brake pedal.
9. Cycle the ignition from OFF to ON.
10. Apply and hold the brake pedal.
11. Start and idle the engine.
12. Turn the A/C OFF.
13. The vehicle must remain in Park or Neutral.
14. The scan tool monitors certain component signals to determine if all the conditions are met to continue with the procedure. The scan tool only displays the condition that inhibits the procedure. The scan tool monitors the following components:
- Crankshaft position (CKP) sensors activity-If there is a CKP sensor condition, refer to the applicable DTC.
- Camshaft position (CMP) signal activity-If there is a CMP signal condition, refer to the applicable DTC.
- Engine coolant temperature (ECT)-If the engine coolant temperature is not warm enough, idle the engine until the engine coolant temperature reaches the correct temperature.
5. Enable the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure with the scan tool and perform the following:
1. Accelerate to WOT.
IMPORTANT: While the learn procedure is in progress, release the throttle immediately when the engine starts to decelerate. The engine control is returned to the operator and the engine responds to throttle position after the learn procedure is complete.
2. Release when fuel cut-off occurs.
3. Test in progress.
6. The scan tool displays Learn Status: Learned this ignition. If the scan tool indicates that DTC P0315 ran and passed, the CKP variation learn procedure is complete. If the scan tool indicates DTC P0315 failed or did not run, refer to DTC P0315. If any other DTCs set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information for the applicable DTC.
7. Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds after the learn procedure is completed successfully.
The CKP system variation learn procedure is also required when the following service procedures have been performed, regardless of whether DTC P0315 is set.
- Engine replacement
- PCM replacement
- A harmonic balancer replacement
- Crankshaft replacement
- CKP sensor replacement
- Any engine repairs which disturb the crankshaft to CKP sensor relationship.
Also we should check the fuel pump pressure this guide can show you how.
Check out the diagrams (Below). Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, May 9th, 2022 AT 11:07 AM