Soft brake pedal

DUANE GROSHEK
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My pedal goes almost to the floor even after I have bled all four wheels several times.
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 AT 8:35 PM

STEVE W.
The early 2000's trucks never had the best pedal feel, but that still sounds poor. Did you get any air in the system? If so you may need to use a scan tool to activate the ABS unit to bleed it fully. Why did you need to bleed them originally?
Thursday, April 6th, 2017 AT 1:11 AM
DUANE GROSHEK
I changed all of the calipers because the bleeders were so corroded that I could not open them without snapping them. I wanted to bleed the system assuming there was air in the lines.
Thursday, April 6th, 2017 AT 5:37 AM
DUANE GROSHEK
I bought the truck used and noticed a softer pedal right from the get-go. Could there possibly be an issue with bypass in the master cylinder?
Thursday, April 6th, 2017 AT 7:36 AM
STEVE W.
Bypass is easy to find, pump the brake a couple times with the engine off, then step on the pedal and hold it, if it sinks you have bad seals in the master or a leak. If it stays solid until you start the engine you probably have an ABS related issue.
+1
Thursday, April 6th, 2017 AT 11:34 AM

Sponsored links