P0202, P2305 and P0113

TRA
  • 2006 CHRYSLER 300
Hello
Trying now to narrow down P0202 misfire, and what out of the 5 or so things one that cylinder can be causing it. I have changed the spark plug and the car is "Skipping" or running badly still upon starting(just sitting still). What little I can see the wire plug to the ignition coil looks fine and the heat shrink looks fine. Can tell what's happening deeper in the harness.

So, I swapped out the old ignition coil I had in another cylinder, bc I didn't really think it was bad. And I don't know if I had all the 3 codes I'm showing now that I found after borrowing an OBD2 tester from Auto Zone. I got the P0202 just from the dash. Now I have P2305(Ignition Coil 2 Secondary Circuit-Insufficient Ionization and P0113(Intake Air temp Sensor Circuit High). Maybe the dash only shows 1 at a time.

I swapped the ignition coils back out and still have the P2305. Not sure if I just need to erase that one and see if it comes back or not. Probably try that.

I also have tested the IAT w/multi-meter. So 1st question: W/it on 200K on OHMs setting, I get 11.6 and 11.8 when swapping around the leads btwn the 2 prongs more towards the top of the prongs. First I had one towards the base of 1 of the prongs to help it stay in place(bc I don't have alligator clips) and 1 at top of the other prong on 2 dif. Days(inside the house), they read 8 to 9.5. Are these too high, and does that mean the sensor is bad in some way? It does go down on the reading as it should when some heat is added near.

2. When I was told that the P0202 was general misfire, that's why I changed the sparky and swapped the coil, but if it is really a Fuel injector problem for real as the specific code says(circuit open), do you think Seaform cleaner is could be tried to see if it helps or don't bother?
And can the 202 be making the 113 show up?

Here are the details the OBD2 shows on the details about the P0202:
Fuel Sys 1 and 2-OL
Calc Load-47.8%
ECT 64(F)
All the STFTand LTFT B1's and 2's-0%
Eng RPM-1427
Veh Speed 0mph of course
MAP-22(inHg)
Spark Adv-16.0 degrees
TPS-14.5%
Run Time -4sec
Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 AT 5:24 PM

KEN
The P0202 is for cylinder number two. I would try a new plug because the one that is in there can be defective/cracked and I would get a new coil. Then clear the codes to retry. Lease let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 AT 4:32 PM
TRA
Yep. Have changed the spark plug already. No new ignition coil yet. It started running worst after spark plug changed; Gap is good. But, then the new codes came up. You feel it may be more the coil than the fuel injector?
Thursday, January 17th, 2019 AT 5:23 PM
KEN
How did the plug look coming out? If it is white with no burn marks I would say fuel injector but it sounds more like a coil which have problems. Once one goes bad I would do them all if you are going to keep the car. There is an ignition capacitor please make sure that is connected. Here are diagrams below to help with the repair. Codes wont come up unless you drive it for a while. Let me know.
+1
Friday, January 18th, 2019 AT 12:02 PM
TRA
No not white at all, black. If you can find pictures of where that ignition capacitor is on a 2.7L engine, that would be great. That's the one I have not 3.5L.

Thanks very much. Very helpful.
Friday, January 18th, 2019 AT 5:39 PM
KEN
It is the same as the third image in the post above. Here it is for your engine below.
Saturday, January 19th, 2019 AT 11:10 AM
TRA
Brand new ignition coil and still doing same. More detail about what it is doing: When I start the car, it immediately acts like I'm holding down the pedal. But I don't touch the pedal to start it at all. Then while letting it run, the RPM needle goes up and down, up and down; it acts like the petal is being pumped. The again pedal is not being touched at all. Sounds/feels like it will cut off, and I hear some little bang or knock.
Could this have anything to do with the EGR tube being damaged or off somewhere at the opposite end from the intake manifold? It's plugged into the manifold fine. I'm not sure if the guys helping me take that off wrenched something there, because when I went to put it back on the tube was way down and pushed back a good bit. I didn't realize they had done that turn around on the manifold to get it off.
The person putting it back on owns a shop and seemed not to think anything was wrong with pulling it back up with slight steady pressure. Can't see the other end from the top.
What do think?

The capacitor is attached fine. Below is a picture I found from Rock Auto for how one on my car looks. Found it after the #6 coil on that row. Couldn't tell from those pictures above where that was. Didn't see anything on my car exactly like that. So, I never pulled on that too much so hopefully it's okay. Does anything become disconnected at the other end of those too easily? Wire looks okay. At the immediate end of the wires by the plug may have lost a cm of some insulation or heat shrink, but doesn't look frayed.
Friday, February 1st, 2019 AT 5:27 PM
KEN
Can you please shoot a quick video with your phone so we can hear the noise? that would be great. You can upload it here with your response. It sounds like you may have low compression in # 2. here is a guide to help:
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-engine-compression

Please run down this guide and report back.

Saturday, February 2nd, 2019 AT 1:27 PM
TRA
Did video go?
Wednesday, February 13th, 2019 AT 12:36 PM
KEN
Thanks for the video. The engine sounds okay, it looks like you may have an fuel injector out causing the problem. Here is a guide to help test it to confirm with diagrams below to show you how to remove the injector:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-a-fuel-injector

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-fuel-injector

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find.

Friday, February 15th, 2019 AT 9:57 AM
TRA
Okay, good to know the engine sounds okay to you. Still working on the fuel injector.
Can a car be driven without the EGR tube in place?
Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 AT 8:56 PM
KEN
Not really because exhaust will come out of any open ports. If you would like to test the EGR here is video:

https://youtu.be/DqUCbbKdWf4

Please let us know what happens.
Monday, March 4th, 2019 AT 9:43 AM
TRA
Are you familiar w/how the EGR tube looks on a 2006 300? Do you know if the "knob" end on that can be taken off without cutting it off and welding on to another tube? This Mopar4 All dealers sent me one that does not fit my car. Even though their catalog tells them it does. https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_R7oolNB-cDv2qzDIPCK3y-C5M2S_sHp9D2woQGJZBbkuCpD6mxmwM0weTh4ZAgOMjz4vhEg&usqp=CAc- Or https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpZVyFzzbGxOsQfb1LKNkiV-LlVCkPUBr5EGVQFVzDG5Je3KXvAHfWnqk7ye3kfu5BcRBR1TIp&usqp=CAc
Mine looks like ones in the links above.

They sent me what looks on the end like: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVuq28PkvTNNGvELfqqRQ7QYzX7Bw_tK4TAJ9DkBt2vlOXzYEiYgrNNeW1UCBBpicXiWSzVRGp&usqp=CAc
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 AT 5:06 PM
KEN
You should not have to remove anything to weld it should be a direct fit. What seems to be the matter?
Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 AT 11:46 AM
TRA
Yep, I agree it should be a direct fit. This Mopar dealer sent me a part that is not correct for my car as their catalog told them, and as they advertised. My old part may be a quicker weld if I find someone. Trying to avoid going on a junk yard again; and definitely not paying around $100.00 for it.
Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 AT 5:04 PM
KEN
Sometime the part can look a little different but do the same thing, do the ends look like they will work?
Thursday, March 21st, 2019 AT 10:17 AM
TRA
Nope not at all. One end does. Second end that goes into the manifold doesn't.
Thursday, March 21st, 2019 AT 5:30 PM
KEN
Wrong part then, you should not need to cut and weld, I would try a new parts guy.
Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 AT 10:54 AM