Overheating

KSMITH810
  • 2007 PONTIAC G6
I was driving my mom to work on the freeway, ran over a saftycone bottom side hit first broke my radiator, tried driving it home and kept putting water into the reservoir replaced the radiater, the car still was overheating replaced the thermostat tested the old 1 didnt work. Still overheating we just replaced the o ring in the metal heater line to the upper radiator hose housing still overheating noticed by the o ring the metal hose is leaking air still but not misting out coolant.I am hoping if I replace the metal pipe and it still overheats what should I b looking at to fix this I have no heat blowing inside the car and its winter, I have 2 kids I am doing the work myself cause I cant offord to take it to a mechanic, if anyone can help much appreciated. Thank you
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015 AT 6:44 PM

WRENCHTECH
What engine does it have?
Thursday, December 24th, 2015 AT 2:22 AM
KSMITH810
3.5l v6
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 3:59 PM
KSMITH810
And now I have fixed the air leak out of metal pipe and now I noticed new oil on the engine under the distributor cap could that be part of the head gasket and if it is than obviously I would have to replace it, but what els would I need to take off and is there more gaskets I would have to replace?
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 4:04 PM
WRENCHTECH
The first thing to resolve is to get all the leaks fixed and air pockets out of the cooling system and that may not be easy. Pressure test the cooling system to determine if you have any leaks. Once you confirm all the leaks are fixed, then I would have the system vacuum filled to remove all the air. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the previous overheating hasn't caused internal damage like a blown head gasket.
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 4:05 PM
KSMITH810
No check engine light on eather
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 4:06 PM
KSMITH810
If the water pump is bad how would that affect the pressure or would it
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 9:21 PM
WRENCHTECH
The water pump has nothing to do with pressure. It merely circulates.
If it's leaking that has to be repaired.
Friday, January 1st, 2016 AT 5:28 AM
KSMITH810
My car works she just started working I didnt change the head gasket idk what or y all of sudden had the heater working inside and the car no longer over heats
Saturday, January 2nd, 2016 AT 12:47 PM
WRENCHTECH
You probably finally got all the air out of the system. If it shows up again after a period of time, that would point to a head gasket problem.
Saturday, January 2nd, 2016 AT 1:16 PM