Starting problems

MIRANDA_21
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
  • 108 MILES

My car wont start sometimes. I will go into a store for a few minutes come back out and start it and it wont start. It turns over but it wont start for a few minutes and it feels like the engine is shaking really badly and there is a weird sound that comes from it. It clicks and everything, but it just wont start. My friend said it might be the fuel filter but Pontiac does not service fuel filters. Also my acceleration some days it will accelerate like a champ but other days it just sucks and also it does these soft jolts once and a while only the driver can feel it. I tried looking for a dip stick but found out my car does not have a dipstick for transmission because I have manual and automatic. Can somebody please help me figure out what is wrong with my car?

Monday, November 14th, 2011 AT 11:32 PM

BLACKG6

I had an intermittent starting problem with my 2006 G6. For months it would start fine in the morning. I would drive to my destination and get back in and it would not start. I would turn the ignition, it made no noise but the dash lit up. I tried a new battery, relay switch, two starters, new cables and new ignition switch. Nothing solved the problem. We took it to the dealer several times but they could never solve the problem because it always started for them. I would drive it home and the next day it would not start. Hours later it would start. Finally I took it to my friend who has an auto electric shop. Should of took it to him first, right? Well he was able to identify the problem. The starter was not getting a ground. He found out that the fuse box was bad and was causing a grounding problem for the starter. He order a new fuse box and installed it. That was six months ago and it starts up every time since! Hope this helps.

+19
Friday, April 3rd, 2015 AT 10:06 PM
JESS26
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
  • MERGED

When I have my car running for a long time and it gets hot and I turn it off and I try to start it again it doesnt turn on. I just replaced the starter and that wasent it any ideas?

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
SATURNTECH9
  • MERGED

So you get a no crank no start?Or a crank no start?Any codes in the computer?

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
JESS26
  • MERGED

No crank no start untill it cools down and there are sometimes I crank it and it sounds like its stuck

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
SATURNTECH9
  • MERGED

Have you checked for any codes in thecomputer yet?If not thats the first thing you need to do.

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
JESS26
  • MERGED

I took the car to get looked at and one person is thinking the fuse box and other people are telling me it can't be the whole box just a fuse since everything else still works so I don't know

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
SATURNTECH9
  • MERGED

If you get a test light we can trace power and find the issue. The thing that doesnt make sense is if it cools down it starts.

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
JESS26
  • MERGED

I know. Because it doesnt not show its over heating or anything. So I dont know whats the problem

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
TNPRUIZ
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
  • MERGED

Car wont start replaced the battery lights start flashing, but still wont start. No clicking and after I turn the key everything turns off.

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
SATURNTECH9
  • MERGED

Without tracing power I really cant say what the issue is.

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
  • MERGED

Try resetting security system if no owners manual look online on how to do it.

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
CHACH007
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
  • MERGED

For months starter would engage but would start car until you mashed gas pedal to floor. Secondly battery voltage is 12 volts @ battery and alternator. Ignition key will not start engine now or turn over starter motor. Lights interior go haywire cd player on fritz. Key cycled on and off, Battery cables held together to clear anything and there are no DTC's. I put on a battery charger for a brief moment and the sound of high voltage power lines were immited from Power window motors. Visually all elect. Wiring good. Would a remap flash of computer help or did the computer take a dump.

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
  • MERGED

Go to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-engine-will-not-crank-over

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
CHACH007
  • MERGED

This answer sounds like a keyword response to my question on certain keywords and not even close to the deep question I had. Do you understand that the electrical system has gone haywire and not how to check battery votage. Are there real technicians answering these questions or a data base answering them. % Buck for a donation cool but not an answer for my question. Thanks Quinn

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
  • MERGED

HOW 'BOUT MY ANSWERS IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2003-ford-f-150-4-2l-v-6-manual-trans-pickupmy-truck-died-while-backing-out-park

LOOK AT THIS TOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzz7P3qNHcE

RETURN WITH A GRIN!

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
AVERILH
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
  • MERGED

2006 Pontiac G6 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 5000 miles

son went through puddle about wheel deep, car cut off wont start

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
  • MERGED

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:13 PM
GETEMG6ZOOM1
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
  • MERGED

It has been running great but sometimes when I start it clicks, if I wait a few minutes then it starts up. Also, lately the key gets stuck in the ignition. Help please!

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:14 PM
  • MERGED

Have battery checked for condition including load test most places do for free. Make sure terminal ends on battery are clean.

-1
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:14 PM
2CARPROS RENEE
  • 639 POSTS
  • MERGED

Hi GETEMG6ZOOM1,

If you decide to check the condition of your battery yourself here is a link to helpful information from this site that features written instructions, pictures and a video explaining how to load test your battery yourself. If you need further assistance please come back to 2CarPros.com. We are always happy to help.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-battery

Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.

Kindest regards,

Renee
Admin

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:14 PM