Crank no start no spark to the coils

RUSS1953
  • 2004 GMC ENVOY
The engine will turn over but does not start. There is no spark at the coils over plugs. I check for power at the coil it had ten to twelve volts and I check for ground it was good. I did not check for a signal. How do I check for a signal at the coils? How do I check for voltage and signal at the crank sensor?
Saturday, December 24th, 2016 AT 10:55 PM

Try a security system reset first. See picture.
Sunday, December 25th, 2016 AT 5:45 AM
RUSS1953
I have not tried to reset the security system yet, but I will. What cause the system to get off set? When I turn the key on the security light is on solid but it goes out in about three to five seconds about the same time the fuel pump stop running.
Sunday, December 25th, 2016 AT 10:06 PM
They just do that they are electronic. It can be something else but try that first. Then scan for codes.
Monday, December 26th, 2016 AT 6:43 AM
RENEE
Hello RUSS1953,

I am sending you a link that if you decide to conduct the scan yourself will be of help to you. The link features an article with written step by step instructions and pictures explaining how to do the scan yourself, also I have included a link to our YouTube channel with a how to video on code scanning.

This is applicable even if your check engine light is not on.

Most scanners are inexpensive to purchase, you can purchase one online from sites like Amazon.com

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

https://youtu.be/YV3TRZwer8k

Once you have the codes please get back to us so that we can further assist you. We are always happy to help.

Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.com.

Kindest regards,

Renee
Admin
Monday, December 26th, 2016 AT 5:01 PM
RUSS1953
The codes are P2101, P1516,2119 before these codes was read the battery cable had been disconnected because the battery went dead but these codes still show up every time I disconnect the battery cable I have a Innova 3040c scan tool that I uses and it also retrieved vehicle data does the engine have to be running to view live data? Will these codes cause no spark at the coils? I hope I can get to the root of the problem soon I am experiencing from this.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 1:50 PM
This was explained to you by cardio doc just yesterday and here you are asking the same question again. You have been suggested what to do repeatedly and should not be asking the same questions again
Wednesday, December 28th, 2016 AT 6:43 AM
RUSS1953
I did a security system reset that didn't help still no spark at the coils not getting no signal from the PCM to the coils
Thursday, December 29th, 2016 AT 6:41 PM