I suspect that is what needs done. I have a feeling something has broken internally.
I don't know if you need them, but here are the directions for removal and replacement. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
2004 Mazda RX8 2RTR-1.3L
Clutch Unit Removal & Installation
Vehicle Transmission and Drivetrain Clutch Service and Repair Procedures Clutch Unit Removal & Installation
CLUTCH UNIT REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
CLUTCH UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
1. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
2. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Clutch Cover, Clutch Disc Removal Note
1. Install the SSTs.
2. In cries-cross pattern, loosen the bolts one rotation at a time until there is no remaining spring pressure.
3. Remove the clutch cover and the clutch disc.
Oil Seal, Pilot Bearing Removal Note
Remove the pilot bearing only if there is a malfunction.
1. Remove the pilot bearing and the oil seal together using the SST.
Flywheel Removal Note
1. Install the SST to the flywheel.
2. Remove the locknut using the SST.
Inspect the eccentric shaft for oil leakage after removing the flywheel. If necessary, replace the oil seal.
3. Remove the flywheel using the SST.
4. Remove the key from the eccentric shaft.
Flywheel Installation Note
1. Install the key to the eccentric shaft.
2. Align the flywheel key groove with the eccentric shaft key and install.
3. Install the SST to the flywheel.
4. Apply silicone sealant to the locknut thread.
5. Tighten the locknut using the SST.
Tightening torque 392 - 490 Nm (40.0 - 49.9 kgf-cm, 289 - 361 ft. Lbs.)
Remove the seal protruding from the threads without it becoming caught in the pilot bearing.
Pilot Bearing, Oil Seal Installation Note
1. Install the pilot bearing using the SSTs.
Bearing outer diameter: 20 mm (0.787 inch)
Press-in depth: 11.5 - 12.25 mm (0.453 - 0.482 inch)
2. Install a new oil seal using the SSTs.
Clutch Disc Installation Note
1. Clean the splines of the clutch disc and the main drive gear with a brush.
2. Spread a thin layer of clutch grease on the splines.
3. Secure the clutch disc to the flywheel using the SSTs.
Clutch Cover Installation Note
1. Alien the clutch cover with the flywheel knock pin and install.
2. Tighten the bolts evenly and gradually.
Tightening torque 17.6 - 26.5 Nm (1.80 - 2.70 kgf-cm, 13.0 - 19.5 ft. Lbs.)
Let me know if this helps.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 AT 6:14 PM