No power to start

04CIVEXCOUPE
  • 2004 HONDA CIVIC
Or anything besides oil light and engine light on. But all fuses are good. Replaced the battery ground wire OEM style and cut the positive terminal off replaced with another. Now put the key in oil light on and engine light no click rest of dash dark, no lights, radio or any accessories. I don't know what I could have done. Any ideas?

Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 AT 5:05 PM

SCGRANTURISMO

This could be a problem with fuse 19[80A] or fuse 20[40A], or both, being blown. They are both located in the Under hood Fuse Box which I have included diagrams with callouts in the diagrams down below. I have also included the starting circuit wiring diagram for you as well. Here is a link below to a guide explaining how to check a fuse, if needed:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please check these fuses and report back with what you find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2Carpros
Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 AT 6:44 PM
04CIVEXCOUPE
All fuses are good I pulled those 2 fuses out and checked. Crazy part is with key on I have power to all my fuses except the power windows but the fuses are good.
Monday, February 3rd, 2020 AT 1:17 AM
04CIVEXCOUPE
If I plug in a code reader. The car will start, but if I turn on any electrical accessory lights on dash go crazy. Unplug reader car shuts down.
Monday, February 3rd, 2020 AT 3:49 PM
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

Okay, so this could be a problem with the wire going from pin 5 of the Data Link Connector[DLC], where the scan tool plugs into. In the diagrams I have included a pinout diagram of the DLC. Please inspect the wire from pin 5 and report back with what you find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, February 3rd, 2020 AT 10:48 PM

Sponsored links