Hi. I just had the engine replaced in my 1985 Honda Civic 4 door wagon with a rebuilt ATK engine. It was put in by a local mechanic in Anchorage. It started fine for 2 weeks and then it wouldn't start the other day. So I cleaned the battery terminals and checked the battery power, which checked out ok. After reattaching the battery terminals and jiggling them around, the car got electrical power and started fine. Yesterday the car wouldn't start again and I am getting no electrical power to any of the car's lights, radio or anything else. So I did the following
1. Checked the battery again-its ok
2. Replaced the 55 amp, and two 45 amp main fuses.
3. Cleaned the battery terminals again
4. Checked and replaced the 10 amp fuse coming off the positive terminal of the battery
5. Checked the engine ground connection from the negative battery terminal. It seems ok
6. Checked all the 10-15 amp fuses under the dashboard-they are ok.
Still I am getting now electrical charge to any of the car's circuits. So what's next, where do I go from here?
I did replace the positive terminal battery lead cables last may 2008.
Thanks for your help.
Monday, January 4th, 2021 AT 12:20 PM