No fuel, power to only one pin in fuel pump realy, OBD II spits no cods

CHRISPPPY
  • 1987 OLDSMOBILE CIERA
Car died while driving, wont start, but does start if I spray either in carburetor, I tested the leads to the fuel pump relay and only one lights up some one told me the computer may be out I can not get it to spit codes when I short the obd II leads
Friday, December 13th, 2013 AT 10:29 AM

SATURNTECH9
At the fuel pump harness in the back by the tank do you have power to the gray wire while cranking?
Friday, December 13th, 2013 AT 10:58 AM
CHRISPPPY
Ok I put power directly to the grey wire and the fuel pump did start working, so I closed the fuel line and directly jumped I with a key on power lead. It tried alittle to start but couldnt com[pletly turn over. Also my battery is going dead really fast I just got it of a charging machine 2 hours ago and it is already dead.
Friday, December 13th, 2013 AT 1:13 PM
SATURNTECH9
Charge the battery and retest the grey wire for power while cranking. The battery might be too dead to have the power to show on the grey wire while cranking.
Friday, December 13th, 2013 AT 3:06 PM
CHRISPPPY
I had to pawn my computer to finish getting my car fixed. So this is where I am at, I determined that the fuel pump does work but the rely doesnt I hot wired the fuel pump and the throttle body and it will turn over but not stay running. I am going to buy and rebuilt computer and a fuel pump realy. No this car is very old with alot of gerry rigging. My question is that there 'll be a message on the back of the computer that any resistance lesser than 20 ohms will destroy the new computer. How do I prevent this from happining as I dont understand ohms or electrical principals yet?
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 4:25 AM