Power cuts off

SWOOZYQ13
  • NISSAN SENTRA
Hi,
I have a 1993 Nissan Sentra with approx. 160.000 Miles on it. It's an automatic. I just purchased this car and it seemed to work fine for the first two weeks. Then one night when I was driving it to work I noticed suddenly that I had no directionals. The next morning when I went to leave work, the directionals worked fine again. That day when my boyfriend was driving it home from his work, the power just suddenly cut off to everything and several of the dashboard lights were clicking on and off repeatedly. We had the car towed home where he tried jiggling some wires to see if that was the issue. The car would try to start if the steering wheel was turned to the left, but would never fully start. We left it alone and then just for the heck of it I went out the next morning and tried to start it and it started right up. We drove it for a week with no problems until one night we went out to eat and on the way home the same issue happened. Power cut off and nothing, just blinking lights and no starting. This time we conveniently broke down in front of an auto repair shop so we asked the mechanic to look at it the next day. When I called him to see if he had found anything he said that the car had been working fine all day but if he had to deduce an issue he would say that it may be the Fuel pump Relay, so we bought a new one. The next night when My boyfriend tried to start the car to come and pick me up nothing, it just automatically cut off all power and all the lights continued blinking again. He replaced the Fuel filter relay but it still wouldn't start, it's been Two days this time and it still hasn't started and the lights keep blinking whenever we open the door. Also there is a box in the trunk that is making ticiking noises when this happens, we don't know what that is as we haven't been brave enough to take it off and see whats under it. There are many wires going into it though. Please Help!
Thank you very much from a stumped nissan owner :o)
Monday, October 22nd, 2007 AT 6:50 AM

FISHERMAN
Hello !
Start checking if the car has an after-market alarm system that could be "active"
I think that the "blinking" lights are the alert system and it has a "kill switch" that "cuts" the power.

Let us Know!
Monday, October 22nd, 2007 AT 8:59 AM
SWOOZYQ13
Where would I find an alarm system? And how would I shut it off. Usually it takes about 12 hours before Zippy will let us drive her again after this happens. This time however it's been since 12 AM Sunday morning.
Monday, October 22nd, 2007 AT 12:39 PM
FISHERMAN
Well,
probably the alarm get "active" by a loose wire.
The alarm module use to be under the dashboard. Look for it
also check if there is a siren on the engine compartment and led on the dashboard.

I m looking for a posibilities.

Let us Know!
Monday, October 22nd, 2007 AT 12:46 PM
SWOOZYQ13
So now after two days of not running we discovered that if we turned on the headlights she would start, but as soon as we turned them off she dies. And the blinking lights on the dash continue. It's very strange and kind of spooky
Monday, October 22nd, 2007 AT 6:41 PM