2000 NISSAN FRONTIER DIED.

• guitarplayinman
  • 2000 Nissan Frontier

2000 Nissan Frontier 143,000 miles 3.3 V6
First, I drove the truck for a few miles, and everything was fine. Then, it started missing very very hard, I pulled over and it finally died. The truck will not start unless starting fluid is sprayed into the intake. The fuel pump is putting out plenty of pressure, and a check engine light is on, showing a code of Camshaft Position Sensor. Could the Camshaft Position Sensor cause it to act like the fuel pump is out? Also, you cannot replace the Camshaft Position Sensor unless you replace the whole distributor, because it comes together as a whole assembly. Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Saturday, February 17th, 2007 AT 9:58 PM

• kin chan

Thought I answer this question last nit. But what the hack. Lets do it.
Cam postion sensor code also could mean ur computer seeing some bad cam signal that is out of the normal operating range.U need a mechanic to scope and determine if it is the sensor a connection or other cpts share the pwr/grd with cam sensor system that give bad or no signal. Or if it is jus a bad sensor.2nd.I've seen a bad worn jump timing belt cuz a cam sensor code. Becuz the computer seeing the cam and crank are not in syn.1 way outta the other. If u are not at the level of at least have base engine combustion and electrical/electronic background. Takes too long to learn to diagnose and repair this problem. Try a qualify reputable mechanic shop

Sunday, February 18th, 2007 AT 5:22 PM
  • guitarplayinman

Jumping time had crossed my mind by the way it was acting, but why would it start and stay started if starting fluid was used?
Thanks for the comment.

Sunday, February 18th, 2007 AT 10:32 PM
  • guitarplayinman

Scratch that last comment, I have now lost fire and fuel both. The macanic I spoke to about this said that if it was the sensor, both would eventually fail. Now I guess its time to replace the distributor.
Thanks.

Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 1:15 PM