SPEEDOMETER

1998 Nissan Frontier

fgoertz

March, 20, 2008 AT 9:57 AM

Interior problem
1998 Nissan Frontier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 97000 miles

I have noticed that the speedometer occasionally does not work. 3 days ago it would read 40mph and stay stuck there regardless if I were driving faster, but it would drop to zero after coming to a stop. No engine light comes on the dashboard. Today it is working fine. Is the problem with the speedometer sensor or speedometer head? No other instruments/gauges are affected. Is there a way to test if the sensor is good or bad without buying a new one and replacing it?

orellaca

August, 1, 2008 AT 7:45 PM

Interior problem

MtHdJim

December, 23, 2009 AT 12:43 AM

See diagram

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/452729_Fontier_Speed_Sensor_Troubleshooting_1.jpg

mrwhizard

September, 9, 2015 AT 5:27 AM

Common problem with these clusters but they can be repaired. Google mrwhizard for more help.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe