OIL PRESSURE GAUGE PROBLEM

2006 Nissan Frontier

Robert Kimbrell

July, 15, 2012 AT 8:50 PM

Thank you in advance if you can solve this problem.I have a 2006 Nissan Frontier and when Im sitting a a red light my oil pressure gauge go to almost 0 and when I press the gas it goes to what appears to be normal. Autoway Nissan nor Autoway Toyota can figure out why. They say there is no debris in oil pan screen or any loose debris in the timeing chain housing blocking oil flow and all oil pumps, gauges and sensors are working properly. This problem is also referenced on youtube with no resolve. Thanks Robert at MeNHer77@aol. Com by the way Im told by a large dealership witha full staff of techs that this for some reason cant be fixed ( what reason)?

July, 15, 2012 AT 9:28 PM

Have they check the oil pressure sending unit for out of calibration and Also is the engine knocking?

Robert Kimbrell

July, 15, 2012 AT 9:31 PM

Truck runs great nothing sounds abnormal great acceleration that gauge would bother anyone by apperance

hmac300

July, 15, 2012 AT 9:37 PM

This can be several thing that cancause this. The easiest thing to do is replace the oil filter first. Oil filters can cuse this alot of times. I only reccomned napa, wix, purolator, or bosch filters. Then if it still does it get amanual gauge and see what it does, if it does the same thing then it may be an internal problem like bearings not fitted tight enough or worn parts.

July, 15, 2012 AT 9:38 PM

Did they check and test the oil pressure sending unit or hook up a mechanical gauge to verify the actual oil pressure?

Robert Kimbrell

July, 15, 2012 AT 9:53 PM

They even tried a 2 stage oil filter. As far as worn parts or bearings thanks for playing you tried.

Robert Kimbrell

July, 15, 2012 AT 9:54 PM

Yes that was the first thing they tried b-4 the dropping the oil pan and inspecting the timing chain compartment for loose debris blocking the oil passages

hmac300

July, 15, 2012 AT 9:55 PM

What was the reding it's only supposed to be 14 psi at 2,000 rpm

Robert Kimbrell

July, 15, 2012 AT 10:00 PM

Cant remember what he said as far as numbers on that. Just feel like im in a pickel on this truck purchase. Love the truck it runs fine. And Im really bothered that 2 dealerships cant figure this out. They even claim they brought in a Nissan Field Engineer and tech to advise. I know it just a gauge but it is an important one.

hmac300

July, 15, 2012 AT 10:03 PM

Well the pump would need to be pulled off and checked for clearances first andit could be a pressure valve problem with it sticking or somethingsimlar like that. You could try running 10w30 oilinsted oaf 5 w30 if you are running that currently. But if it goes to normal when revving I wouldn't worry abot it to much

Robert Kimbrell

July, 15, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

I traded in a 2004 GMC Envoy with only 57k to get this 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab with 88k mile thinking this moter is good for atleast 300K mile if pampered and low use. They are getting ready to offer me a 1 year warranty on the motor. Because they cant figure out how to fix this problem. Im thinking about asking for 2 or 3 years.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Accord
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape