I recently changed the radiator in my 94 isuzu amigo (4wd, 2.6lt, 4cy) and I started the car with the radiator cap open after I put in coolant and the coolant sprayed out all over my engine - the car started up twice after that but now it will not start (it turns over and sometimes starts for a few seconds but then it dies) Could it be the distributor cap is wet? Please help - thank you.
PS: before I replaced the radiator I put in kindof a lot of that quick-fix liquid metal stuff-could that be a factor? THANK YOU!
Dont know about the stop-leak but wet electronics usually dont work too well
June, 17, 2006 AT 7:27 PM
Take off the distributor and make sure it is dry. Antifreeze takes forever to dry up, so while you may have washed your engine with water before and it dried and started 15 mins later, the antifreeze would take weeks to evaporate.