Intake vacume lines

MONKSTER
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I need to know where the vacuum on front passenger side of intake goes. Any complete diagrams of the whole vacuums off the intake would be very helpful. I just changed my motor out and not sure if I have the vacuums hooked up right.
Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 2:49 PM

This is the only diagram we have and it covers from a 4.8L to 6.0L all the same. See picture.
Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 3:39 PM
MONKSTER
From what I gathered it is the crankcase breather tube, but there is nowhere to hook it up to. I went from a LM7 (non flex fuel) to a L59 (flex fuel). The guy that sold me the motor said that all I have to do is change my intake. Is that true? Because it is looking to be more than just that to me. Any information on the swap?
Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 3:46 PM
If it is flex fuel the injectors are different and fuel lines. Intake should be same but to be sure check against old one. It may connect to throttle body or ductwork leading from air cleaner to throttle body. Normally that is where breather goes.
Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 5:07 PM
MONKSTER
I just want to update, my motor is changed out and running great. Just to verify you can change from non flex to a flex motor, you just have to change out your intake manifold and fuel rail. All in all the swap wasn't bad considering it was done in my back yard. Thanks for all the help.
Sunday, December 18th, 2016 AT 11:55 AM
MAXIMILIAM
If you have any more issues or any other question, do not hesitate to get back to us!
Monday, December 19th, 2016 AT 2:55 PM
MONKSTER
Would it be some thing else? Drove great yesterday(first run on new motor, today from 1st thing this morning I had to pat gas a few times to clear out and idle, like old school carbs. Way home from work started great then idle up a little then lower likes it breathing. Checked all visible signs hoses ect. Nothing. Gonna try carb cleaner trick tomorrow see if idles up. When I put back together originally I picked the best of the two and and used it just had to hear my 'used' motor for the first time. Question on gaskets would it being broke on 1/4 from bolt hole to bolt hole. Never interfers with intake gasket cause it to leak? RTV just them 2 or the hole gasket? I used the one that was all 1 piece but flatten compared to the other with a broken side. Wrong move I realize now.
Monday, December 19th, 2016 AT 5:02 PM
If intake gasket is broken replace it rtv will get into exhaust and screw up O2 sensors. Carb cleaner may take of other problem bu clean throttle plate on both sides and iac hole
Tuesday, December 20th, 2016 AT 7:10 AM
MONKSTER
Ok after doing a little researching, the motor is "Z" but the intake is "T". The gaskets look very similar but the price is like $12 difference so there's gotta be some differents. So which gasket should I use?
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 AT 4:39 PM
What is the difference of the old gasket vs new one? Larger ports, e85 fuel uses larger injectors for the alcohol. Have you cleaned throttle plate on both sides and iac hole and are there any holes between maf and engine if there are fix them so there are none same with bad grommets on engine, no air leaks
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 AT 5:12 PM
MONKSTER
Do I get the gasket that fits the intake itself or the gasket that fits the block? I mean I understand larger ports so which side do I want to block more of? So to speak. I've cleaned the plates and iac hole when I had intake off changing motor out.
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 AT 7:30 PM
Uput the gaskets that will fit the head if worst comes to worse then try the intake from the other engine with the injectors for what the old engine was.I don't think anyone has ever done this kind of a swap before and it may not run right ever because of it. One other thing you may have to drive this for a bit so that computer can relearn what is dealing with so it can make corrections as you drive.
Friday, December 23rd, 2016 AT 6:43 AM
MONKSTER
Ok just to update she's purring like a kitten now. I tried your suggestion with the fuel rail switched to the motors original intake. Started up for bout 20 sec then wouldn't hit a lick. I checked everything, so I thought, then decided to put my old intake back on. Wouldn't hit a lick. I bled the fuel rail again but no gas started to come out. Now my fuel gauge has never worked I judge by the tripometer which only had bout 250 on it so I didn't ever think about gas at all. Poured about a gallon in tank and she fired right up. Stupid mistake I know. A little fine tuning and she's running top notch. My original motor had 280000 miles on it, got it with 45 new. This one starting at 140000 from junk yard. Maybe it'll last til I get it rebuilt. Gonna try to rebuild it myself. We'll never know if that odd ball swaps with the intake would work or not now. Anyway thanks for all your help
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 7:51 PM
KEN
Glad you could get it fixed please use 2CarPros. Com anytime we are here to help

Best, Ken
Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 2:16 PM