Hot air only to passenger side?

MIKEGJAX
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Hot air continually out of passenger side vents. If AC on drivers side cool, but hot on passenger side.
Friday, February 22nd, 2019 AT 2:29 PM

SCGRANTURISMO

This could be a problem with the right temperature door. In the diagrams down below I have included troubleshooting and repair guides for your vehicle.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Please go through them and get back to us with you find out. There are two different styles of air doors that came on your vehicle. I have included instructions for both of them.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Saturday, February 23rd, 2019 AT 1:33 AM
RCULPEPPER
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Cold air only blows from defrost and window defrost vents. Passenger side blows hot air even with AC on. I can hear a noise under the dash trying to switch it to cold. It was intermittent in the beginning where sometimes it would do what I wanted it to, but stopped working all together. Seeing as how I live in Arizona my air conditioning is important to me. I have been told it was a blender door, an actuator, it is going to cost $1,500.00. What is it and how much does the part cost? I will install it myself if I need to.
Tuesday, July 28th, 2020 AT 10:22 AM (Merged)
Try pulling HVAC fuse inside truck for sixty seconds with key on. Leave key on and reinstall then start truck it may reset the actuator. It is mode door one that is sending air to windshield. That is on left hand side by gas pedal it may be cable operated. The other actuator is on top of HVAC unit it says to pull the dash to reach it but if you have small hands you may be able to get it from glove box. See picture. The actuators are from $35.00 to $130.00 depending on your system. You need to know if it is a D07 or not.
KINGJACOB1983
I have same problem on my 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. I pulled the fuse as suggested above it did not reset actuator. Still blowing hot air. My problem began after I pulled out radio trying to fix cd player (not ejecting). I could not figure out the problem with CD player so I reinstalled everything. Later that day is when my air problem started. Is it possible I unplug something to that actuator? Or is it just a coincidence this happened the same day and my actuator is bad?
+1
KEN
Hard to say on that one. I would recheck your work to make sure everything is plugged in and if so replace the actuator. Here is a guide and video that will show you what you are in for when doing the job:

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers, Ken
JESUSALBERTO
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I recently bought this used truck A/C ran good but I notice that now A/C runs hot on driver side. When I turn A/C on passenger side just fine. I added water to the radiator in the morning. That's all I did differently.
KASEKENNY1
Hi,

So when you say the A/C runs hot on the driver's side, you are talking about the air coming out of the vents? Adding water to the radiator is what is throwing me off because these are different systems so I just want to make sure I am understanding the issue.

Then I also understand that you have dual temperature zone? Meaning you can adjust the driver side and passenger side temperatures independently?

If this is the case then I suspect the air temperature actuator on that side as failed.
DARYLLSHARPE
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Got heat on driver side and cold air on passenger side at the same time. Which actuator do I need to replace and does it have anything to do with fan switch working on one speed?
ASEMASTER6371
Good afternoon.

What are you commanding, heat or cooling?

It sounds like an actuator motor needs to be replaced.

The fan speed, if it only works on one speed, it sounds like the blower resistor has failed.

DARYLLSHARPE
Cut heat on it come out ondrivers but cold air come out on passenger side just nerd to know which actuator to replace
STEVE W.
On the split systems there are two actuators for temperature. The one for the passenger side is on top of the HVAC housing. To reach it you need to remove the dash and the actuator is the first item on top of the case. However, you might wish to try doing a
re-initialization of the actuators first.
That involves turning the key off, then removing the HVAC/ECAS fuse (10 amp in the underhood fuse block) for 20 seconds at least. Now put the fuse back in and start the truck. The actuators will self calibrate in under a minute. Try the heat control. If it works great, if not then you need to replace the actuator.

On the fan speed, which speed do you have? Is this the manual system or the automatic version?
JAMES698869
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
V8 four wheel drive automatic 54,000 miles.

When on air the drivers side goes from cool to hot after about three minutes and the passenger side stay on cool.
BMRFIXIT
Is it dual zone system?

You need the help of a scanner. Have it scanned for B codes that will pin point the troubled area.
Good luck.

Sponsored links