1999 HONDA CIVIC REAR BREAKLIGHTS NOT WORKING BUT ONE

• ek20
  • 1999 Honda Civic

Brakes problem
1999 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 135000 miles

I have a 99 civic hatch with 135000mls my break lights don't work but my running lights do I checked the fuses and they are all good I checked the bulbs and the spoiler bulb was burnt so I replaced it thinking it could be a linkage to all three lights. So I replaced the spoiler bulb pressed the breaks and the only one that works is the spoiler breaklight. I also checked the plunger and conector and its all good and clean also the wires are good too. Could it be a bad ground for the two rear tail lights? Thanks for your help!

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 1:09 AM

• KHLow2008

Hi ek20,

Did you try changing the other two bulbs that did not work?

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 11:41 AM
  • ek20

No I didn't because the bullbs are still good.

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 12:19 PM
  • KHLow2008

Were they tested? How do you know they were good?

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 1:29 PM
  • ek20

I didn't changed them because the rear running lights work. Do you meen I need to check the bulbs to see its the right ones? (Required bulbs) I just got the car 2weeks ago and I don't know if the last owner replaced the bulb and got the wrong one. Ill check.

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 3:42 PM
  • ek20

I checked both rear tailights all bulbs. And they seem to be the same bulb number match as the other. I've notice that when I turned on the running lights the Left side (driver) lower light didn't come on so I tapped the tail light and I came on I know that it means bulb going bad soon. What could it be? I know its somthing simple. Thanks for taking your time to help me.

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 11:37 PM
  • KHLow2008

The brake and taillights are 2 different circuit in one bulb and they can fail individually. Get the bulbs replace and retest.

Sunday, September 5th, 2010 AT 10:50 AM