DX HEATING PROBLEMS?

1999 Honda Civic

hondaDx

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:09 PM

I know this is a common rhetorical question but I want suggestions please! I just drove home from work haling A** and its the morning not to hot outside but when I came to a stop light my car started overheating? I changed the thermo stat not that long ago could it be it being defective? Or my fan not kicking in? Will do my own research before I get back on here thank you ! Love this site I actually get info and exact ddetails!

hmac300

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:26 PM

Check your radiator first, when it's hot feel for cold spots if there are then your rad may be bad. If it's a bad tstat, normally it will overheat very quick. Make sure your coolant level is full as well as it may have dropped since the t-stat change.

hondaDx

July, 13, 2012 AT 7:53 AM

Yes I checked it and emptied the radiator put in some new coolent and still over heats the same. Could it be the t-stat messing up again. Thanks man

July, 13, 2012 AT 1:14 PM

When does the overheating occurs?
Are the cooling fans working?
Do you have coolant losses issues?

hondaDx

July, 17, 2012 AT 2:33 AM

When I drive off the freeway and my civic Dx only has 1 cooling fan. I see that the radiator if empty but the extra tanks still full

July, 17, 2012 AT 12:27 PM

Check the radiator cap and if bad, replace it and bleed the system and retest. If radiator still deplete, get a pressure test done. Most probably the head gasket is bad.

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser